No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe let hunters shoot pigs with slug guns on weekdays only, lessen the chance of "collateral damage" while allowing more dead pigs . . .this of course from a guy who can get out regularly on a weekday or two . . . . . .

Comment

Also wouldn't mind paying extra for the privilege . . . .(but not too much extra!) PS- the APH is a pretty good deal; would be an excellent deal with more area to use it . . . .alas, just as in most things, it is what it is . . . . . .

Comment

Do they allow hog hunting year round out at Granger?

Comment

Yes except for the dates of the drawn whitetail hunts. Bow only. Public land permit, huntin license and hunter orange.

Comment

I believe that just letting us hunt after dark would sure help.

Comment

Out to Granger hunting today , and there are tons of buzzards out. One field had 13 medium hogs dead in it. Saw 9 hogs feeding on private property at 10:30 am. Still lots of fresh sign but they are definitely spooky.

Comment

Spent an hour trying to get a young cow back inside the fence at the primitive boat ramp through one of the gaps for hunters to enter. As soon as we got him back in he came right back out , put a piece of wire across to keep him in. I guess he liked the grass along the road better than in the trees.

Comment

Me and a buddy of mine are going to go try our luck at Granger in the next week or so. I have never been their before any free advice?

Comment

Saw some fresh sign crossing one of our feilds heading towards the WMA. Looked like a pack of 10 or so.

Comment

GRXH come on.

Comment

Made it out there sunday. Found two dead hogs. One missing its legs and loins almost right next to each other. BY MY FEEDER. Ah hell it dont matter. Good job who ever got them some pork. That is what it is out there for. I also found someone elses feeder and refilled it for them. Will hunt it maybe this after noon. As we were set up on one crossing we heard the dang pigs crossing just behind us thru the water. I think they smelled us come up to the dry crossing and decieded the cold *** water was not as bad as an arrow. So no hog for me just yet. But good news is they are still out there. Just as I expected. You guys that think the heli ran them off. Keep on thinking that. Gives me more room to hunt with out running into ya. But really get out there and get you a pig or two. They are there. It sure is not an easy hunt but it is a fun one.

Comment

Dirtymike, are you using tube feeders? I wanted to make it out yesterday to get my trail cam but the honey do list kept on growing so didnt make it.

Comment

Yep, just junk I have left over from work. Corrigated pipe tied to a tree filled with corn and some holes in it. Or pvc chain and wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              Yep, just junk I have left over from work. Corrigated pipe tied to a tree filled with corn and some holes in it. Or pvc chain and wire.
                              Thanks, i think I am gonna make a couple of these. I have been spreading in an area and then bury a decent amount in a couple of spots, lets me know if the sign in the area is fresh but I want to try the tube method as well. See which works best.

Comment

looks like lots of good hog hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X