No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can't fish....lol...I'll be in my boat all day tomor. Juggin and rod and reeling in the blue cats..

Comment

We caught a bunch yesterday by doppler and they were full of June bugs and mussels....I have never seen June bugs in their stomaches....but it makes sense..

Comment

If I wasn't so allergic to poison ivy and rattlesnakes I would go....lol...not to mention the ticks.

Comment

Catfish are one of the few fish that will eat june bugs. We used to catch them using June bugs on a cane pole along the bank when I was growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
            Catfish are one of the few fish that will eat june bugs. We used to catch them using June bugs on a cane pole along the bank when I was growing up.

I caught tons of catfish on weenies. Lol

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              I caught tons of catfish on weenies. Lol

That is my juglines bait of choice now. Bar S weenies not ISIS. However I will try anything once

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                That is my juglines bait of choice now. Bar S weenies not ISIS. However I will try anything once
                Lol, true that.

Comment

Granger lake margins flooding coming to an end. COE now dumping 2800 cf through the dam. Need to get down there with some minnows below the dam, or my bow and a fishing arrow. Have seen some BIG alligator gar below the dam in previous high flow events, not these rooty-poot spotted and long-nose gar.

Comment

It's great timing for that too being on their spawning period. You might be on to some great fishing!

Comment

Berry Creek is rollin good with the storms from last night. I imagine the Gabriel is too.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Been thinking about buying the TPWD permit this year. But only a few places I would go. So I was wondering how many of yall get the permit just for the Granger hogs.

Comment

Nothing to see hear...move along haha I only use it for Granger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

You defiantly should check into the hog tags needed..

Comment

Can feeders be put up or hand scattered corn? How would yall compare it to the amount of hogs at waco?

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerHunter View Post
                                Can feeders be put up or hand scattered corn? How would yall compare it to the amount of hogs at waco?
                                Do the fields at Waco look like they got carpet bombed? Seriously, granger has a lot of hogs. Don't let all the hog sign fool you into thinking it's easy though. These pigs are well educated.

Comment

Working...
                                X