No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to think about balance/weight distribution as well I had to extend my leads and move my battery to the front I only have it in the back when I'm taking kids around

Comment

Oh and I bolted an aluminum 2 x 4 to the angle that's what I clamp the motor too

Comment

Thanks Danimal. I am thinking of mounting one on the right side of the yak behind the seat. I have a rudder on my yak to basically steer. I will put the battery in the back or maybe wire three smaller batteries that I can put in the hull.

Comment

Some wild boar/venison sausage on the smoker for a few hours. The spoils of an outdoor life!

Comment

That sausage looks mighty tasty!!!!

Comment

That has to be good eats

Comment

The finished product. Shouldn't last to long.

Comment

AJ...you heartless Granger Ranger! Im ****in hungry now.

A few questions to all Rangers:
                  The fences that T off into the lake along the south shore of the San Gabriel Wildlife area...where cattle graze to the drop offs...Is that still public hunt land?...Nevermind the cattle? There seem to be a few cross fences additionally...are they cool to hop over and keep on hunting or not? Per my viewing of the COE issued maps...its all public and fair game to hunt.

Comment

FYI to all the Rangers... Soy gives men ***** tits...estrogen mimicing compounds. Soy is used as a filler in alot of sausages. Im sure AJ...bushcrafty ninja hog killin butcher processed his own...minus the soy...I hope. Here piggy!

Yee Hawg!
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-07-2016, 12:44 AM. Reason: ButcherSpake

Comment

All natural and all processed here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        FYI to all the Rangers... Soy gives men ***** tits...estrogen mimicing compounds. Soy is used as a filler in alot of sausages. Im sure AJ...bushcrafty ninja hog killin butcher processed his own...minus the soy...I hope. Here piggy!

Yee Hawg!
                        Amen brother! Soy is the debil!!

Can you send me a screen shot on the map of the location you are asking about, I can check it out on OnX to see if its public.

Comment

If it touches the lake your good to go. Unless it's a park. The place I get confused is where San Gabriel meets Willis creek park. Their signs are a little weird there. I know the fences your talking about, I think, and they are just split pastures.

Comment

Have a great weekend!

Thereabouts the pin.

Yee hawg!
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I know the spot well. You can follow the lake shore until Willis creek. Those thickets along the lake do hold hogs. I always sit and wait outside of em till they come out close to dark. Then I begin the the stalk. Tried to go in after em, it's too loud and too thick.

Comment

Areas in red are 'parks' and off limits to hunting. Looks like your proposed area is huntable. Go stick one!
                                Last edited by NightStalker; 04-08-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X