No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not talking about a grizzly, pigs don't get that big. Just throw it over your shoulders and start walking.

Comment

If you quarter it out gutless-style and take the backstraps then it'll weigh less than 50lb. Or, let the pig ride your bike while you walk!

Comment

Does anyone know if you can kill armadillos out there? I'm looking at the regs and it doesn't say you can..also doesn't say you can't....

I'm jonesing for some more dillo carnitas..
        Last edited by Jspradley; 03-19-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          Does anyone know if you can kill armadillos out there? I'm looking at the regs and it doesn't say you can..also doesn't say you can't....

I'm jonesing for some more dillo carnitas..

Lol the one animal I won't eat...dang leprosy

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
            If you quarter it out gutless-style and take the backstraps then it'll weigh less than 50lb. Or, let the pig ride your bike while you walk!
            Ive toted a sea bag in my pack before, coincidentally, for carcass hauling...then changed to much lighter commercial grade trash bags that take cactus and briars well.

Village...hog ride and walk the bike was an option I was exploring.

I like the way yall think. Thank yall for sharing. Yee Hawg!

Comment

Went this evening hoping to take advantage of the cooler temps and the howling wind. I know you guys don't know me yet but I hope to see some of y'all out there sometime. Anyway, I brought my wife and it wasn't her thing so I ended up leaving just before prime time. We walked a lot and probably got there too early(3:15). Parked at the first of the gates after you pass up the primitive boat launch( really wanted to park at primitive but I guess the whites are still biting so passed it up). We walked to the mouth of the river where I've shot hogs before out on the point. Flooded. So we just worked every bit of thicker stuff we could get to. Nada. Lots of deer. By the time we did all that my wife was way past ready to go. Wanted to park at the end of that road and head straight to that little grove of thick brush on the lake right at the end of the blue trail. I've gotten on pigs at sunset more times than I can count there. I just sit outside of it and wait. Nine times outa ten a group will walk out of it right at the end of shooting light. Wife was ready so not happening . Anyway, if any of y'all were out, hope you did better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                We're not talking about a grizzly, pigs don't get that big. Just throw it over your shoulders and start walking.
                Ill throw you over my shoulder then deploy you and let you carry the hog out!

Over the shoulder...normally how its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Ill throw you over my shoulder then deploy you and let you carry the hog out!

Over the shoulder...normally how its done.
                  I'll lift heavy stuff for food!

Comment

I'm headed out in about 45 minutes. Anybody want to hook up?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                      Lol the one animal I won't eat...dang leprosy
                      Your loss man... I'd totally trade leprosy for dillo carnitas...hahaha

Comment

Pigthumper: I cant follow where you are talking about. Can you describe using the maps on page 1 of this thread?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458535448555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	24436701

Blood was spilled. Pig ran into thicket. Too dark. Going back in the morning.

Comment

Night stalker just saying simple is better for us simple folk.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                              Pigthumper: I cant follow where you are talking about. Can you describe using the maps on page 1 of this thread?
                              I tried to do that but as far as I can tell the area I'm talking about is not on the maps. It would be to stay on cr 378. Closest I can find is gate 6 which is on 391. So rather than take a right 391, you would stay straight on 378. Where that one dead ends if you look towards the lake there's a grove of thick brush right on the lake. It would be right between gate 6 and Willis creek park. Wish I could figure out how to load pics.

Comment

That's the spot. I know it. Was there last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X