"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Sip, snort, spew...flashback. Still LMAO...rarely a day goes by I dont think about a hog next door...kinda sounds like college.

I was gonna push on Thursday but flu caught me. Likely next week. Yee Hawg!

Let me know when you're feeling better. This rain should help keep the leaves nice and quiet. I need a new hunting buddy. Mines in Korea for 9months and couldn't hit a pig lol.

Comment

I'm heading out early Saturday morning if anyone needs a hand or wants to push with a new guy

Comment

I've been putting good time in at Granger and eventually I'll get a dumb hog to run into one of my arrows.

Comment

Here piggy piggy...

Just sighted in my kI-350 crossbow and here I sit waiting for them... Lol

Anyone want to come put up a fight against the SWINE tomorrow???

20" bolts and RAGE fill my breath for death!!! HahAhahahahahhahahahahahH

If somebody wants to go give a hollar!

Daniel

Comment

Also have some soured corn brewing... Yummy... Lol

Maybe bring a bottle with me to help "lure" them into open terrain

Comment

Found me a few babies just about dead... I jumped momma up... Lol

Was like 5ft from her b4 she spooked... Scared the crap out of me!!

Comment

One day I will get me one of them monster sore finger hogs.

Comment

Hunted gate 4 this morning, around checkpoint VIII. Saw two nice ones, about 150 lbs, but they were trotting away about 100 yards away; one black, one grey. Think they had caught my scent. No pork.

Sprinkled on me the whole time, but not bad.

I will say that while damp ground is good, puddles everywhere is bad. Just no way to move quietly, between your soggy shoes squeaking, your heals squishing in the mud, and your toes splashing in the puddles. Spot and stalk not going to work for a couple of days, although game drive might.

LOTS of puddles. That place is going to me a mosquito infested hell in about 7 days.

Comment

Bout to head out there this afternoon. Still haven't decided where yet. Where is checkpoint VIII at Nightstalker if you don't mind me asking? Don't see on maps I have.

Comment

page 1 of this thread, scrool down till you see the maps. gate 4, checkpoint 8 is on the north side of the creek, furthest to the east.

I approached from north, coming in from county road 349

Comment

Nightstalker...I always appreciate your reports and willingness to offer helping information. You had one killer post where you broke it down by gate and windfall direction. You Sir are awesome!

I lost the page it was on before I got a chance to print it out and study the maps. Ill find it again one day.

Thank you! Yee Hawg!
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-12-2016, 01:26 AM. Reason: ThanksSpake.

Comment

Thanks Nightstalker. Man that walk from 349 makes me want to bring my mountain bike. Ended up at 7 and headed east. Saw a lot of signs but nothing again. My brother saw huge hog last week further east of checkpoint VIII but couldn't take shot thru thick stuff.

Comment

Yeah, according to google earth it is 9/10 of a mile just to get from the county road to the Willis Creek treeline, not to mention the miles you walk hunting after you get there.

Mountain bikes work surprisingly well out there in certain areas. Not just where you are talking about, but some other places too, Keeps you 'above' the snakes as well. When I went to Sore Finger gate 1 last year, I used my bike.
                            Last edited by NightStalker; 03-12-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Heading out tomorrow after church. Anyone else planning on going out?

Comment

I might be out at gate 9 tomorrow. Have to break in the new snake boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X