"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
    Well here At gate nine area no hogs but seen me a bobcat and also I saw fox didn't know they were even around here interesting walk today
    I've noticed that piggies are there one day and on the other side by 6 and 7 the next. Also, i've seen a coyote at 9 before but never a fox or botcat. Nice!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll chk that side also can we hunt bobcat or fox here?

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
        I've noticed that piggies are there one day and on the other side by 6 and 7 the next. Also, i've seen a coyote at 9 before but never a fox or botcat. Nice!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes. I believe so. To my understanding they are considered "furbearers".

Comment

Coyotes you can FOR SURE

Comment

Here's the link bro, it's my daughters but she left for college so I use it all the time and have had great success with it. Deer, rabbit, squirrels and now hog.

http://www.ruralking.com/mtech-jagua...-cr-013a2.html
              Dang that's a good price. I think I'm going to get one for my daughter. She'd be down to go hunting with me.

Comment

If I remember right...
                It is allowed on Granger, it is in the book to be able to take fur bearers.

But...
                You are only allowed one per day on your hunting license; if you plan to take more than one per day you need a trapper's license as well.

I need to check that to be sure though; it's been many years since I trapped.

Comment

How many of you guys are using bait? Last weekend I came across two blinds near 7 and noticed it's setup for corn. I also came across an ADS sewer pipe setup while heading back to 6.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                    Dang that's a good price. I think I'm going to get one for my daughter. She'd be down to go hunting with me.

I bought this one three years ago and is still working like a charm my daughter uses it all the time and that's how I introduced her into hunting now she has a shotgun rifle and a pistol it's addictive lol

Comment

How many of you guys are using bait? Last weekend I came across two blinds near 7 and noticed it's setup for corn. I also came across an ADS sewer pipe setup while heading back to 6.

I use bait for a while out there by pecan but with no luck they ate the bait late at night so I don't use it no more I've seen a lot of areas people are doing it.

Comment

I use bait for a while out there by pecan but with no luck they ate the bait late at night so I don't use it no more I've seen a lot of areas people are doing it.

Comment

Hunted east side of gate 7 from 9 am to 10 am, and gate 9 (aka hwy 95) from 11 am to 1:30. No swine spotted. It was a great day for a walk in the woods, (cool but sunny) but a poor day for pig sticking. I was hoping for stronger winds to cover the sound of my movements, but it did not develop.

Comment

I totally agree I was at gate nine from almost 12 noon till two something and then gate seven from 230 to 330. You're right no wind at all the perfect weather but not for pig I saw one bobcat and one Fox and dropped my phone in the creek where the tree lays over got it back thank God I got waterproof case and you must be the one in the white car? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              If I remember right...
                              It is allowed on Granger, it is in the book to be able to take fur bearers.

But...
                              You are only allowed one per day on your hunting license; if you plan to take more than one per day you need a trapper's license as well.

I need to check that to be sure though; it's been many years since I trapped.
                              Unlimited predators and u can shotgun them with number 4 shot or smaller or archery, you only need a trappers license if you are planning to sell the pelts, u however cannot use jaw traps on granger phl or snares..none.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                                Unlimited predators and u can shotgun them with number 4 shot or smaller or archery, you only need a trappers license if you are planning to sell the pelts, u however cannot use jaw traps on granger phl or snares..none.

Dammm I need to carry my shotgun too lol

Comment

Working...
                                X