No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, what arrowhead did you use with that crossbow? Mechanical? Regular? Grains?

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
      Just curious, what arrowhead did you use with that crossbow? Mechanical? Regular? Grains?

I'm not a expert but here's a pic of the ones I used for that pig, they are solid and pack a punch it busted thru those ribs lol

Comment

Shultz,
        If you decide to go, give me a holler at 512-nine-nine-two, eight four five one. I'm retired Navy, so expect some good-natured ribbing!

tim

Comment

That's cool I'll text by 9am if I'm going.

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post

Sure I parked by the bridge off of 95. Took the trail and stayed to the left of that private land to your right. I got the hog at the third corner of that property. About 5 meters from the fence. It's a group of 6 and 4 of them are three times as big as the one female I got. They gathered in a big bush and was about 10-15 yards from me right off that trail. Got so excited cause being my first pig I could've reloaded another arrow to shoot at those big ones but didn't . Next time I won't do that rookie mistake lol also it's warm now so ticks are abundant I had a ton on that pig good thing I always carry a large bottle of rubbing alcohol in my back pack. I poured it all over the pig before I skinned it the ticks all scattered away so I can do my work. The land owners came to my location and were pretty cool and said they got hogs also along the fence line. Easy for them they are in the clear side with a golf cart buggy lol and just FYI I used some hog esterus on my boots and a descenter spray on my clothes. They never saw me coming it was amazing how close I got.
              Not ticks, those are hog lice...Google swine louse...

Comment

Like Jim said 100 percent hog lice, they don't have ticks right now....but a butt load of lice on them, these are swine specific....we are not a host for them...or your pets...

Comment

im off tomorrow as well, and would like to head out there. itd be cool if someone could show me some ropes as im pretty much a rookie. shoot me a text 832 three one seven forty two ninety

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                    Like Jim said 100 percent hog lice, they don't have ticks right now....but a butt load of lice on them, these are swine specific....we are not a host for them...or your pets...

Your right bro I just googled it and I learn something new today those are the same ones I saw on the hog. Lice not ticks. Yuckkkk lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rugby hunter03 View Post
                      im off tomorrow as well, and would like to head out there. itd be cool if someone could show me some ropes as im pretty much a rookie. shoot me a text 832 three one seven forty two ninety

If I go I should be there around 11am the more the merrier lol

Comment

If I go I should be there around 11am the more the merrier lol
                        what gate are you looking to meet(meat) up?

Comment

Lol gate 9

Comment

10/4

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              That's good to know, I had a bunch on the one I killed a few weeks ago. Have been paranoid about catching Lyme Disease or something until just now.

Comment

And the funny thing is I thought I would never get anything on my daughters little crossbow is a cheap little thing that came in **** handy that arrow went all the way through that **** pig even a Broadhead blade broke cause of the ribs wasn't a perfect shot but did the job
                                I'm looking at getting a crossbow for my 10 y/o daughter. What is the feet per second (fps) of that one? What type?

Comment

Working...
                                X