No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk the fence line trail from 95. At the back of the fields is a peninsula. Keep the wind in your face and walk slow. Check the brush piles. Seen pigs every time I do this. Shots is a different story. They usually bust out and keep running. If you move slow enough should take you about 45-60 minutes to circle the peninsula. You can catch them in the brush piles if you take your time and stop and look close when you come up on one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
        Walk the fence line trail from 95. At the back of the fields is a peninsula. Keep the wind in your face and walk slow. Check the brush piles. Seen pigs every time I do this. Shots is a different story. They usually bust out and keep running. If you move slow enough should take you about 45-60 minutes to circle the peninsula. You can catch them in the brush piles if you take your time and stop and look close when you come up on one.

Thanks brother I went to Exactly where you told me to go came across six of them inside a bush right off the trail to my right had a clear shot at 15 yards at a medium-size one he dropped when she took 10 steps the other three darted off I couldve reloaded another on my crossbow to shoot two bigger ones but I was so excited this is my first hog thanks to you! Hunter to hunter good looking out!

Comment

Awesome congrats brother

Comment

And the funny thing is I thought I would never get anything on my daughters little crossbow is a cheap little thing that came in **** handy that arrow went all the way through that **** pig even a Broadhead blade broke cause of the ribs wasn't a perfect shot but did the job

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
              Awesome congrats brother

Thanks again I'm stoked!!!!

Comment

Nice ...I know you've been putting in the time out there lately, and I can tell that one is going to be delicious

Comment

Great job

Comment

I finally got a chance to look at the picture better. I know right were they were. Awesome!! That's not a bad shot at all and it got the job done. I wish I had known it was your first pig. I would have taken a day off from work and we could have filled a truck bed lol.

Comment

Finally! Blood on the thread again. Good job Schultz1503

Bet that pig will make some good Superbowl ribs.

Comment

Thanks everybody I really appreciate that I finally retired from the army and this is what I've always wanted to do is go hunting whenever I wanted and now my first pig this is just the beginning all because you guys great advice and good words is a great chat room no doubt about it

Comment

Airbow

Anyone know if this is legal to use on hogs at Granger? I so want.

THE PIONEER AIRBOW™ is an all-new category of big game weapon featuring full length arrows and full weight broadheads, all driven by air. Based on Benjamin’s proven American-made PCP platform, the Pioneer can be cocked with two fingers (and decocked just as easily), fires 8 shots in the same amount of time it takes to fire three from a crossbow, all at a blazing 450 FPS.

The Pioneer enhances everything enthusiasts enjoy about archery hunting while making the sport safer and more accessible.

Arrows from the Pioneer stabilize quickly, giving shooters an expanded kill range for any game animal. Its accuracy is not affected by canting and it does not require the complex maintenance of crossbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
                            Anyone know if this is legal to use on hogs at Granger? I so want.

THE PIONEER AIRBOW™ is an all-new category of big game weapon featuring full length arrows and full weight broadheads, all driven by air. Based on Benjamin’s proven American-made PCP platform, the Pioneer can be cocked with two fingers (and decocked just as easily), fires 8 shots in the same amount of time it takes to fire three from a crossbow, all at a blazing 450 FPS.

The Pioneer enhances everything enthusiasts enjoy about archery hunting while making the sport safer and more accessible.

Arrows from the Pioneer stabilize quickly, giving shooters an expanded kill range for any game animal. Its accuracy is not affected by canting and it does not require the complex maintenance of crossbows.
                            Not legal...only archery, bow or crossbow

Comment

They said for you to be allowed to use that new weapon has to be a place that is allowed air rifles which Grainger does not allow

Comment

That's pretty cool though

Comment

Working...
                                X