Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading out this morning any good spots currently?

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
      Heading out this morning any good spots currently?
      Try along the bay shore out by 5. I didn't hit the area the other day and wish I would have.
      Reports are that there is a big sounder out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
        Try along the bay shore out by 5. I didn't hit the area the other day and wish I would have.

Reports are that there is a big sounder out there.

I've got the maps that a lot of you guys posted a shows the gates but I don't have one that says gate five where would that be

Comment

This shows the gates, including #5.

Comment

Open crp no good in the mornings, hug the lake edge and walk from that dead end by 5 back towards 6...there was a bunch in there the other day, just before that pond that is connected to the lake.

Comment

Start at that giant briar patch that's just south east of the dead end parking lot by 5..if u have another person, that thickett on the lake edge is at least an acre of briars..

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
                http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...Lake%20Map.pdf

The link won't open

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
                  http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/gra...Lake%20Map.pdf

Nm it opened thanks allot I needed that

Comment

Thanks Archer and navychief appreciate it keep u guys posted

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                      Holy smokes!!! Outstanding Chief!!!
                      Fried a few up after pressure cooking, tender and juicy, dark meat like chicken.....but the pigs are 10x better....was fun shooting them out of the huge pecan trees, I'll bet some of my shots were over 60 ft up in the trees, high brass with 7.5...hadn't squirrel hunted in 10 years or so....very fun.

Comment

I'm betting today would be a good day to be chasing piggies. Good luck to those of you that can get out there.

Comment

Well just finished stalking gates 6 and gates five! my feet are sore allot evidence of fresh tracks of pics good headwind but no pigs not a single pig maybe next time

Comment

Gate 5 was open this weekend. Lots of rooting by the road and lots of fresh scat. Wish I could go during the week but got to work.

Comment

Yes I saw a lot fresh scat and digging up and even saw some deer stands out there and a bait bucket out there too but no pigs wind was nice and strong muffled my walking around and also the headwind so perfect day to hunt but they just wasn't there.

Comment

About to head out again any good spots anybody has checked out??

Comment

Working...
                                X