"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Chief. I think Gage and I will head out this afternoon and shotgun some squirrels too! We gotta get the new lower unit on the boat this morning, but we will head out this afternoon. If you will be squirrel hunting this afternoon gimme a call and we can tag team them, or anyone else for that matter.

I've been dying for some Dutch Oven country style squirrel in gravy!
    Just saw your post, myself and pig addiction went across the river this morn around 7am, shot 10 squirrels by 930..

Comment

Tree chickens

Tree chicken, the other white meat...lol
      Attached Files

Comment

Dammmm I only got 3 !!!! Today

Comment

Have to take waders and cross river.....I had like 20 in sight around 745 this morn.

Comment

Great haul gotta use that kayak too

Comment

7.5 high brass knocking them down out of the tallest pecan and cottonwood trees....very fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                Tree chicken, the other white meat...lol
                NICE! We didn't make it out today but seeing your picture makes me sorry I missed out!

Comment

Lots of pecans this year, I am thinking of a cajun squirrel gumbo with okra, rotel tomatoes with diced green chilies, diced jalapenoes, diced red onions, diced garlic, and sweet corn also your preferred gumbo base and pour over rice, would pressure cook the squirrels first then pull meat off and add to pot maybe with some nicely diced smoked deer sausage..maybe we do this Thursday the 18th.
                  Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 01-23-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Garnish with chives and compliment with a dark beer....what says the green screen?

Comment

Sounds delicious

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                        Garnish with chives and compliment with a dark beer....what says the green screen?
                        Sounds perfect, as long as the gumbo base isn't a tomato base.

I will have my Dutch ovens Thursday if you wanna cook it up, you are welcome to use them.

Comment

I am finishing deer season at Lake Georgetown then I will be heading to Granger. Tree rat gumbo sounds good. Still want to shoot a pig out there too.

Comment

Sounds like tree rats are officially on the menu at GRXH! Mr. Chairman, wait, I have a procedural question. In order to eat them at GRXH, do they have to be taken with archery equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                              Sounds like tree rats are officially on the menu at GRXH! Mr. Chairman, wait, I have a procedural question. In order to eat them at GRXH, do they have to be taken with archery equipment?
                              No firearms at GRXH can be used to hunt...they can be used to scare the hell out of 50 guys thinking that Wildman accidentally shot Sackett.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                Sounds perfect, as long as the gumbo base isn't a tomato base.

I will have my Dutch ovens Thursday if you wanna cook it up, you are welcome to use them.
                                Cool!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X