No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that brings up a question, Chief: I want to go shotgun some squirrels too sometime, but didn't want to be the jerk who busted someone's hog hunt. Any recommendations of squirrel spots that aren't popular with the pig hunters? Otherwise I'll walk the hardwoods from Gate 9. Lots of chatty squirrels along that path.

Comment

Park at primative launch and head west and walk about 600 yds back in there, hog hunters will hear u shooting and not bother coming that way!

Comment

Pretty much one way in one way out unless someone walked from the steps which usually don't happen.

Comment

U pay your 48 bucks just like everyone of us...besides sometimes the more shot gunners out hunting ducks or squirrels gets them pigs up and moving...
          Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 01-22-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I haven't squirrel hunted for 10 years or so @ granger, I saw close to 100 this eve I'll bet, so I got a wild hair to rustle up some squirrels and sech!! Besides it's still too cold to catch the whites yet.

Comment

They will be fat! Good native pecan crop this year. Like you say, nuts are everywhere.

Comment

Right on, thanks Chief! May head out there tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Anybody going to be out there early am?

Comment

I'm taking my 2 daughters out today to get them into hunting. Just spent a great deal of money getting decked out with gear. Any word on the best place to see some hogs? Gotta get them excited. Pm me. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                      I'll be out in the morning, kicked up a few by the white bass steps, or I guess yall call it the spot, no shots but I did see about 100 squirrels, so tomorrow morn myself and pig addiction gonna go blast a bunch for gumbo...lots of pecans on the ground over there now...crunchy.
                      I was thinking the same thing Chief. I think Gage and I will head out this afternoon and shotgun some squirrels too! We gotta get the new lower unit on the boat this morning, but we will head out this afternoon. If you will be squirrel hunting this afternoon gimme a call and we can tag team them, or anyone else for that matter.

I've been dying for some Dutch Oven country style squirrel in gravy!

Comment

I heading out there now with my son for rabbit any suggestions where???

Comment

Granger tree rats.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Niceee how are they for eating? And what shot size do u prefer

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                              Niceee how are they for eating? And what shot size do u prefer
                              I believe I was carrying #6 shot as were my hunting partners. As far as eating, they were eating just fine before they got kilt! Sorry, I had to. But really, they taste like chicken.

Comment

Lol good one thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X