No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out GRXH 2016---The Force Sleeps In !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
      Yeah. I wish I could take it back. Seemed like a good idea at the time but that back fired.

Its nice to help people out and show em the ropes but eventually it catches up to you. Alot of people troll the thread for info as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        Check out GRXH 2016---The Force Sleeps In !!!

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...568926&page=10
        Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Schultz1503: as to your question on Pecan grove: just west of checkpoint IX, where the emergency spillway meets the old stream channel, on the north bank, is a grassy area under some big trees. Lots of rooting and sign in this area. Park at and approach from the dam. You can glass a huge area from the dam by-the-way. Hunt this spot when the wind is out of the north or (rare) east. Right at checkpoint VIII is another good spot, also north bank. Park at the dam spillway parking area, hike down the south bank of the San Gabriel to vicinity of checkpoint VI, then spot-n-stalk down the old road to checkpoint VIII. (the old road is well beaten down, you can move silently even when it is dry). Hunt this spot when the wind is out of the south.

Comment

Thanks I'm take notes it's how I learn appreciate the help

Comment

If you want a shorter hike, Just north of checkpoint V are some big trees that would be good for tree stands. Just south of the checkpoint there are two heavy game trails that cross the San Gabriel. Both checkpoint V and VI are accessible by mountain bike, you will have to hike to checkpoint IX.

In 2012 I saw a BIG hog fording the San Gabriel at the game trail crossing. It was a bright moonlit night, but after legal hours. and I was heading out. I thought it was a calf at first. I was probably twice my bulk, which would put it in the 350 lb range.

Comment

!!!

Comment

That sounds dam good too

Comment

I've seen two deer stands there and also a log made ground blind in that area

Comment

You have obviously already been wearing out some shoe leather.

Comment

Lol I'm trying

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Its nice to help people out and show em the ropes but eventually it catches up to you. Alot of people troll the thread for info as well.
                          Yes if u help the rookies, eventually they might help u drag out animals....lol....lots of newbies on here lately, I can go out any day of the week and shoot one but then there is the dragging aspect of the hunt...I may have to recruit these guys with these fresh legs..

Comment

Looking to make my first hunt out at Granger Saturday morning. I'm new to bowhunting so I'd like to stick a few pigs before next October. Thanks to everyone that shared info to get us newbs going in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
                              Looking to make my first hunt out at Granger Saturday morning. I'm new to bowhunting so I'd like to stick a few pigs before next October. Thanks to everyone that shared info to get us newbs going in the right direction.

Amen to that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                                Yes if u help the rookies, eventually they might help u drag out animals....lol....lots of newbies on here lately, I can go out any day of the week and shoot one but then there is the dragging aspect of the hunt...I may have to recruit these guys with these fresh legs..
                                Hey, I've had the chance to hunt with some great guy's from here. I have no problem helping any of you dragging a hog out, I live in Taylor so I'm not far away.

Comment

Working...
                                X