No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handgun carry at Granger is not allowed due to USACE Ft Worth District 2015-2016 Hunting guidelines specifically states: pistols prohibited

Who needs a pistol anyhow when you can use...bare teeth!

Sooie!

Comment

Lmaoooo I've decided to just carry a big knife

Comment

The Condor Moonshiner is a great hog sticker!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
          The Condor Moonshiner is a great hog sticker!!!!
          Just looked it up...that things a beast...I have one similar but 6" blade...esse6..was a gift from my brother and I wasn't going to use it until I killed my first pig out there but that seems to be taking a while so I'm just going to start hacking **** with it

Comment

Niceeee when stationed in Hawaii they hunted pigs with dogs then you go in and finish it off with the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
              You have much luck with pecan grove I never see anything out there. Any tips would help allot
              I got my first hog out there a few weeks ago. It's a lot of hiking/bushwhacking/ stalking. I saw at least two good sized groups out last time.

They're out there but you have to work for it.

Comment

So true

Comment

I saw that post of yours did you ever find ur quiver??

Comment

I saw that post of yours did you ever find ur quiver??
                    I sure didn't. Part of my going back out to PG is in hopes that I'll stumble across it. Not hopeful but worth a shot.

Comment

Niceeee when stationed in Hawaii they hunted pigs with dogs then you go in and finish it off with the knife.
                      This is done alot all over Texas...I know guys that hunt the Navasota and Brazos river bottoms this way...two pitbulls and a knife...I grew up hunting hogs with baying and treeing hog dogs...and a 45 acp...my canine teeth hadnt come in and my testes hadnt dropped

KaBar sticker for this guy...an unchristened killer but proven butcher...I really wanna see the blood groove in action.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                        I got my first hog out there a few weeks ago. It's a lot of hiking/bushwhacking/ stalking. I saw at least two good sized groups out last time.

They're out there but you have to work for it.
                        You were at the pecan grove by the dam right....?

Comment

What areas you guys think are good to stalk or tree stand in the Map??

Comment

I'll always keep a eye out for that quiver

Comment

Steps is easier for getting in/out, buy pulling the yak up all those steps sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                                I sure didn't. Part of my going back out to PG is in hopes that I'll stumble across it. Not hopeful but worth a shot.
                                Come on brother, if I can find a dropped hand held release in the dark, you should be able to find a quiver.
                                Yes to the steps lol

Comment

Working...
                                X