No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right before sunrise I just hunted today from a deer stand no luck cause somebody was shooting up a storm. Sucked!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisVonDanger View Post
      I'm gonna try to head out there this weekend. It'll be my first time out there hunting (as well as my first ever bowhunt!), though I have fished the area a bit. Not expecting too much action my first visit, but I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get the jump on a piggy or a rabbit or something.
      The game is plenty. Last time I went, I passed up a 6ft shot on a rabbit and a 20 yd shot on a coyote...I personally dont like killin critters that Im not going to eat or arent bothering my chickens. I contemplated shooting the rabbit for meat but was in the middle of an eventual unsuccessful hog stalk....next time the Wascally Wabbit will die and be crock potted.

Im not gonna carry a pistola even though I have...but Im not sold on no carry because of federal property...what about rifle hunting and carrying pistols on Bureau of Land Management and National Parks, National Forests, etc...all Federal property... Im gonna do some searching so I can be definitively wrong and Rat can scold me like a scalded hog.

Sooie!

Comment

I've beenhunting there the past two days what part are you going
        Still deciding, but I've narrowed it down between the San Gabriel or Pecan Grove, gonna see how the wind and weather is that morning and make a decision. when I get out there.

The game is plenty. Last time I went, I passed up a 6ft shot on a rabbit and a 20 yd shot on a coyote...I personally dont like killin critters that Im not going to eat or arent bothering my chickens. I contemplated shooting the rabbit for meat but was in the middle of an eventual unsuccessful hog stalk....next time the Wascally Wabbit will die and be crock potted.
        Sounds good! Yeah my girlfriends been wanting to try her hand at cooking rabbit, plus I haven't had rabbit in a while so that's really good to hear. Hopefully I can get 1 or 2 if I don't have any luck with the hogs.

Comment

San Gabriel is good with some big males I came across three total at separate times these guys were huge too far for my crossbow

Comment

This is me yesterday Enroute to my stand at Gate 7. This way is far better than walking lol and can't scare off the hogs walking on those dry leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post

This is me yesterday Enroute to my stand at Gate 7. This way is far better than walking lol and can't scare off the hogs walking on those dry leaves.
              I've been planning on kayaking into some spots myself, just gotta build a bow holder for my yak and get some chains/a lock to tie it up when I get to where I wanna go. You launching at the steps/primitive launch or whatever its called?

Comment

Yes and I use bungee cord tie down my crossbow or bow no need for holder it works fine to me. This way helps allot

Comment

Yes to the steps lol

Comment

Last Sunday I went out to 7 and forgot to post. I walked out towards 6, and did not hear or see any pigs. However I did see the biggest buck I ever lay my eyes on. He was a massive 10pt way outside the ears. Just seen that paid off for the 5 mile walk me and my buddy put in. lots of duck hunters out there early in the morning. I got to meet a fellow TBH member at the gate, hope he got something.

Comment

Those duck hunters ruin my whole day yesterday constantly shooting scaring off anything I can get

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                        Yes and I use bungee cord tie down my crossbow or bow no need for holder it works fine to me. This way helps allot
                        The only issue for me is the fact that I have a sit on top kayak, so water generally comes in and out through the scupper holes. Fortunately, all I need to build a rack is some PVC pipe and like 30 minutes.

Gonna be hog hunting out in Gillespie county for the rest of the month though so I might wait on building it though.

Comment

Yup rack would do you right . Where's Gillespie county good hogs there?

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisVonDanger View Post
                            I'm gonna try to head out there this weekend. It'll be my first time out there hunting (as well as my first ever bowhunt!), though I have fished the area a bit. Not expecting too much action my first visit, but I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get the jump on a piggy or a rabbit or something.
                            I'm going to be out there Saturday morning in the Pecan Grove area. Kids are complaining that they want more tenderloin!

Comment

You have much luck with pecan grove I never see anything out there. Any tips would help allot

Comment

Pecan grove is full of pigs. Just gotta walk......

Comment

Working...
                                X