No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at you carnage with your fancy screenshots.....

Comment

How did you and Geoff do last Sunday? Did you guys get hog's?

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
        How did you and Geoff do last Sunday? Did you guys get hog's?
        No....you?

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Is this a trend for granger? I'm all new to this area I see allot of post of no hogs being seen.

Comment

I scared one behind Check Station bedding in the thick Georgia canes no shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
              Is this a trend for granger? I'm all new to this area I see allot of post of no hogs being seen.
              Too much pressure on those areas, but they'll come back.

Comment

I might be going out with Archer23 show me the ropes lol

Comment

I might be going out with Archer23 show me the ropes lol
                  Word on the beat is Crod is the Michael Jordan of hog killin via archery...thats why Mikey asked Crod to wear his number.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Word on the beat is Crod is the Michael Jordan of hog killin via archery...thats why Mikey asked Crod to wear his number.
                    The old adage "it's better to be lucky than good" I get lucky a lot. And prolly have Jordan's shooting percentage out there.

Schultz I will txt you today. Was crazy busy today getting ready for the trip out there.

Comment

Totally understandable no rush I'll be here

Comment

It takes lots of miles to figure out where the pigs are. Once you do that, you'll see them in the same spots where they lay up. That's why it's called "hunting" not "killing".

Become the forest. If you go with cheif, let his hoot owl scare the pigs to you.

Comment

Thanks for the advise

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                            Granger PHL (Williamson County), Somerville PHL (Lee County). Hope this one help.
                            Thanks Chief and Carnage for the input. I saw the same info that you pasted, but what made me question it to be sure was that in this section, it did

Q2: Is it legal to hunt with a crossbow during the Archery Only Season?
                            A2: Yes, it is now legal for anyone to use a crossbow during both the Archery Only and General Seasons. You do not need a doctor's statement anymore to use a crossbow during the Archery Only season on private property. The Texas Legislature passed this new law in 2009. Regulations in Grayson County and some unit of public hunting lands still restrict crossbow use during the Archery Only season to persons with permanent upper limb disabilities. For additional information on crossbow restrictions please see the Outdoor Annual under Hunting Regulations - Means and Methods, or on our website under the same titles.

Source: http://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/huntwild/h...ulations.phtml

Sorry, I don't have the ninja screenshot skills that Carnage has

So, I wanted to check to see if anyone knew if Granger had any "special" restrictions for deer as hinted to in the above FAQ. Sounds like not, assuming you guys know for sure.

Thanks

Comment

Endo...thats prolly for those public hunt units that have only a couple hundred acres and surrounded by suburbia...not 10,800 glorious acres of flood thicket that is surrounded by farm land and a few houses...but Im not in front of the APH guidebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                                I'm gonna try to make it out either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Gonna take the canoe out and pop over to the primitive side if anybody wants to join.
                                Hey Neano. I'm new to the site and new to bowhunting as well but I've been itching to get out to Granger and try and get on a hog. If you don't mind hanging out with a rookie I'd be down.

Comment

Working...
                                X