"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
    hey crod88, you do understand why they are doing the heli hunts don't you?
    Of course I do.....but it doesnt mean I have to like it, I enjoy hunting them and seeing hogs nearly everytime out until the heli shoot. Another thing that kills me ( but I understand why ) is that farmers charge so dang much to go out and hunt the hogs on there property. I know its a means of recovering some loss from the hogs but come on, some prices are outragous. My Rant.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
      Where is yalls place if you dont mind me asking?
      Caldwell county.

Comment

No luck sun morn.

Comment

Gonna try and get out tomorrow evening before the Heli comes through on Wednesday. Hope to be able to post some pics of my first Granger Hog.

Comment

I just stumbled onto this thread today and am very curious about the Granger pig hunting. Would anyone be willing to bring me up to speed on how to go about hunting granger? It appears that the evening hunts are the best. I would really like to go check it out in a couple weeks if anyone can advise me on the best approach to doing that as well.

Comment

Hunting license and public hunting permit. Some hunter orange color and a bow. Park your vehicle at one of the parking spots and walk towards the river. They are almost everywhere.

Comment

Anyone get out today and have any luck? I wanted to but had to work later than expected. I had hoped to beat the helicopter but oh well. Anxious to see how bad it is after they are done.

Comment

Just got in boys. Gate is locked to access below the Dam. Had a decent day, saw two good groups and missed a gimmie shot, my arrow deflected off a branch. Im guessing the helicopter will have a good mourning, heard alot of hogs heading to the fields before dark. They were very vocal today. Cant wait for updates on how the shoot is going. Good luck to the hogs!!!!!!! Hope they have thier NIKES on.

Comment

Hope there are a few left for GRXH.

Comment

The ranger said they are opening back up friday so does that mean they will finish up tonight? Do they fly day and night or just night? will they weather tomorrow tonight and tomorrow effect them?

Comment

They only fly during the day, it will be interesting to hear the reports. Mister Bulletman usually has a report at the end of the day. Lets hope for lots of wind tomarrow, they wont fly in strong wind.

Comment

97 pigs before they took a break for lunch. Best shoot they have ever had. Got to go out with the biologists to take some samples, and sat with them up on the dam and watched the slauter. They have only covered half of the WMA so far. Hope they get 100 more!!!! Chalk one up for the good guys!!!

Comment

Pardon me.. 99 hogs!!!! All before luch break

Comment

anyone ever go snag one of them from the heli hunts before the buzzturds get 'em?

Comment

I would not have a problem doing it. You kill it Ill eat it.

Comment

Working...
                                X