No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change your name? I need a nickname.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugby hunter03 View Post
      ps. i may or may not work at a brewery.
      You're in man, you're in.

Come out the GRXH 2016 this year and bond with the rest of the brethren over alcohol, shenanigans, fire, blood and pig slaying.

Read all about it here! GRXH 2016! The Force Sleeps In!

Bring beer, it's the easiest way to get us to like you!

Comment

Hello all recently retired from the Army and after 23 years of service I can finally focus on some hunting. I've been scouting the pecan grove at granger, I see allot of evidence of hogs but can't get one. Any advice I would greatly appreciate my daughter and I are rookies. Lol Great to be here Thks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
          Hello all recently retired from the Army and after 23 years of service I can finally focus on some hunting. I've been scouting the pecan grove at granger, I see allot of evidence of hogs but can't get one. Any advice I would greatly appreciate my daughter and I are rookies. Lol Great to be here Thks for your time.
          I'll be out starting tomorrow through the weekend. I can show you some spots if you wanna meet up around the primitive area and maybe around gates 6-7. I will have to stay close to camp if it Saturday as my wife will have my kiddos.
          Boots on the ground is the best teacher.

Comment

That would be great what time of the day would you like to start?

Comment

Short me a PM with your number and we can discuss offline.

Comment

Ok I sent it

Comment

I posted this same question on the forum, but thought I'd post here also to see if any of the Granger crew knows the answer, even though it relates to deer hunting:

I'm not finding definitive information on whether crossbows are allowed for deer under archery only draw hunts in our public hunting areas.

Specifically interested for Granger and Sommerville management areas.

Seems crossbows are legal for the state of Texas for deer in general, but the TPWD also state that some management areas may have different rules. Of course if I try to look for the answer under the specific management area, they don't clarify or specifically say (that I can find).

Does anyone know for sure, and specifically for Granger/Sommerville areas?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it out either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Gonna take the canoe out and pop over to the primitive side if anybody wants to join.

Comment

I've been scouting the pecan grove at granger, I see allot of evidence of hogs but can't get one. Any advice I would greatly appreciate my daughter and I are rookies.
                      Hunt them at night

Comment

I wish the ranger will get me lol

Comment

I wish the ranger will get me lol
                          No it wouldn't be a park ranger, would be one of the wardens...

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post
                            I posted this same question on the forum, but thought I'd post here also to see if any of the Granger crew knows the answer, even though it relates to deer hunting:

I'm not finding definitive information on whether crossbows are allowed for deer under archery only draw hunts in our public hunting areas.

Seems crossbows are legal for the state of Texas for deer in general, but the TPWD also state that some management areas may have different rules. Of course if I try to look for the answer under the specific management area, they don't clarify or specifically say (that I can find).

Thanks.
                            Yes

Comment

Lol very true

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post

Thanks.
                                Granger PHL (Williamson County), Somerville PHL (Lee County). Hope this one help.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X