Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
    And for your daily dose of me acting like a retard, I give you all this
    Awesome new avi right there!! Congrats again!!

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
    First time bowhunting today and got my first hog. I would call it beginners luck but a lot of reading, practicing, video watching, asking questions, etc... went into getting off a shot. So I'll just call it good fortune.

After all the excitement, pictures, and the long walk back to the truck, I realized that like an idiot I left my quiver out there. So will be heading back out tomorrow to look for it.
    Dang the good luck. Your hooked for life now! Congrats!

Comment

I found a crossbow bolt pretty close to gate 7. Ten Point Pro Elite. Let me know if it's yours. If I can't find the owner, I guess I'll have to buy a crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
        I found a crossbow bolt pretty close to gate 7. Ten Point Pro Elite. Let me know if it's yours. If I can't find the owner, I guess I'll have to buy a crossbow.
        That's probably Txpepper's, he's lost about two dozen arrows and bolts on misses out there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
          And for your daily dose of me acting like a retard, I give you all this
          Some things can not be unseen.

Comment

Rat...is there a firearm suspension during deer season?...hence possibly a temporary halt to wearing blaze orange?

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
              That's awesome! Congrats! Did you haul it out whole or dressed it first?
              Field dressed it then hauled it out, about as big as I'd want to haul on my own.

Comment

No luck finding my quiver today. If you've seen it or picked it up shoot me a PM, I'd really appreciate it.

I did run into another forum member Tod (I think, bad with names), who helped my find the spot again. If not for him, I'd still be walking around in circles.

Comment

Nothing today for me. Tough year. Hopefully I get picked again next year

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                    Nothing today for me. Tough year. Hopefully I get picked again next year
                    Sucks. I also wasnt able to take a buck today. Saw a ton of does again. This was a tough year for me, early October I shot a nice 9 point out at my lease in Leander and was unable to find it. Then I shoot a high 130's 10 point north of the river under the dam and cant find it. Shot looked good, but i think it was single lung hit. We looked for two whole days!!!!! Have only lost a hand ful of deer in my many years of hunting and i loose two this year. If anyone is hunting north of the river under the dam and run across it let me know. Maybe next year.

Comment

Someone pushed a huge group of pigs to me this morning. I was trying to fill my buck tag and had 3 does and a small buck in front of me when they came through. I was hunting under the dam south of the river. Saw the two guys walk through behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                        Someone pushed a huge group of pigs to me this morning. I was trying to fill my buck tag and had 3 does and a small buck in front of me when they came through. I was hunting under the dam south of the river. Saw the two guys walk through behind them.
                        That was probably me, sorry if I mess you up man. Was out out looking for my quiver today in that area.

Comment

That was probably me, sorry if I mess you up man. Was out out looking for my quiver today in that area.
                          No problem. It is public land after all, hunt on!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
                              Great morning!!! Weather was perfect and lots of game on the move throughout the morning. Got 3 stalks in but couldn't close the deal today. Looking forward to vacation and camping out there this week!!
                              When are yall camping?

Comment

First time bowhunting today and got my first hog. I would call it beginners luck but a lot of reading, practicing, video watching, asking questions, etc... went into getting off a shot. So I'll just call it good fortune.

After all the excitement, pictures, and the long walk back to the truck, I realized that like an idiot I left my quiver out there. So will be heading back out tomorrow to look for it.
                                Congrats on your first bow kill awesome feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X