"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
    Anyone going out today? I feel hungover for some reason.....
    I think I'm going to give it a go this afternoon.... Did you make it out yesterday?

Comment

I did but didn't see anything. Ran in to a couple guys that kicked them up prior. Think they were gone by the time I showed up.....I may go tomorrow again....if interested

Comment

Great morning!!! Weather was perfect and lots of game on the move throughout the morning. Got 3 stalks in but couldn't close the deal today. Looking forward to vacation and camping out there this week!!

Comment

Got it done today

First time bowhunting today and got my first hog. I would call it beginners luck but a lot of reading, practicing, video watching, asking questions, etc... went into getting off a shot. So I'll just call it good fortune.

After all the excitement, pictures, and the long walk back to the truck, I realized that like an idiot I left my quiver out there. So will be heading back out tomorrow to look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
            First time bowhunting today and got my first hog. I would call it beginners luck but a lot of reading, practicing, video watching, asking questions, etc... went into getting off a shot. So I'll just call it good fortune.

After all the excitement, pictures, and the long walk back to the truck, I realized that like an idiot I left my quiver out there. So will be heading back out tomorrow to look for it.
            congrats...I have to admit I'm a little jealous. ..I'm out sitting now and only have hopes of a beer when I'm done

Comment

Congrats, you the man!

Comment

Nice pig but I like the pose even better; let your inner Captain out!

Come on out to GRXH this year, we need lucky guys like you top help feed us all weekend!

Comment

Good job, I see that you killed it behind the Dam south side of the river, I know that embankment right there...

Comment

But I'm just guessing...

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                      Good job, I see that you killed it behind the Dam south side of the river, I know that embankment right there...
                      Yup. That seems like a good ambush spot.

Comment

Hunted Sore Finger from 3 till 5:30 today. No hogs seen, but piles of deer.

No worries about them hearing me if I had been able to start a stalk, the grackles were deafening!

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats! Did you haul it out whole or dressed it first?

Comment

That'a boy!!!! Congrats.

Comment

BigLig...I call it a job well done...and the Goddess smiles upon you...very nice pose too...itll go good above your kids bed as a 3'x5' framed picture of a constant reminder...of awesomeness. Good harvest!
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-03-2016, 08:15 AM. Reason: Framespake

Comment

Great job, BigLig!

Comment

Working...
                                X