"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWP View Post
    They have duck hunting also??? Looks like duck decoys in the morning and recurving hogs the rest of the day!!! I haven't broken out the single reed in a couple years.
    Last hog hunt we was sittin and contmplating shootin some ducks 20 yds away on the water. If any body could do it...I believe in my hunting partner...blind as a bat....but his arrows bring the meat.

Watch for ripples. Theyre there. Dont miss...unless youve an arrow retractor.

Is it legal to bag duck by archery?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Got yah buddy. I'll after the first of year hunting hard and camping weekend of the 9th.
      Chris, I sent you a PM, I will be out there that weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Is it legal to bag duck by archery?
        yes you can. as long as your arrows meet the guidelines below....

Projectiles (Arrows and Crossbow Bolts):

While hunting game animals and game birds, a projectile may not be poisoned, drugged, or explosive.

When used to hunt turkey and all game animals other than squirrels, a projectile must be equipped with a broadhead hunting point that is at least 7/8-inch in width (upon impact) and has a minimum of two cutting edges. A mechanical broadhead must begin to open upon impact and, when open, must be a minimum of 7/8-inch in width.

An archer may have arrows/bolts with field, target, or judo points in the quiver with the broadhead hunting points

Comment

Migratory Game Bird Hunting Methods
          Lawful Hunting Methods

Legal shotguns, lawful archery equipment, falconry, dogs, artificial decoys and manual or mouth-operated bird calls. Hunting is permitted in the open or from a blind or other type of concealment or from any floating craft or boat (except a sinkbox) provided that all motion resulting from sail or motor has ceased. Sails must be furled and motor turned off before shooting starts. Powerboats and sailboats may be used to pick up dead or injured birds. A "sinkbox" is unlawful.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
            Chris, I sent you a PM, I will be out there that weekend as well.
            Chris will definitely show you some good spots...I have some good kayak in spots I'll show you if you show me how to kill something

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
              yes you can. as long as your arrows meet the guidelines below....

Projectiles (Arrows and Crossbow Bolts):

While hunting game animals and game birds, a projectile may not be poisoned, drugged, or explosive.

When used to hunt turkey and all game animals other than squirrels, a projectile must be equipped with a broadhead hunting point that is at least 7/8-inch in width (upon impact) and has a minimum of two cutting edges. A mechanical broadhead must begin to open upon impact and, when open, must be a minimum of 7/8-inch in width.

An archer may have arrows/bolts with field, target, or judo points in the quiver with the broadhead hunting points
              Thanks Strigiform.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Thanks Strigiform.
                any time

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                  Says who? I hear this every year. I start making plans and then Rat says it's always the first weekend in February.
                  Since I've been going, it has NEVER been the first weekend of February. One year I went, it was Valentines weekend. The others were the Weekend after Vday or the last full Weekend in February.
                  Last edited by bho0351; 12-22-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Will there be a Meat and Potatoes hunt this winter? I stopped by during the last one and it looked like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                      Will there be a Meat and Potatoes hunt this winter? I stopped by during the last one and it looked like fun!
                      Usually that is spring or early summer, but could be winter by then the way this weather is acting.

Comment

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
                        Since I've been going, it has NEVER been the first weekend of February. One year I went, it was Valentines weekend. The others were the Weekend after Vday or the last full Weekend in February.
                        You're right. I meant "last" weekend. My bad.

Comment

I talked to rat. He said weekend after valentines.

Comment

Reminder to all newbie hog hunters, orange hat and vest/top is required. Not camoing your face/neck/hands makes you still stick out like a sore thumb, so you might as well be safe. Saw two without today.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                              Reminder to all newbie hog hunters, orange hat and vest/top is required. Not camoing your face/neck/hands makes you still stick out like a sore thumb, so you might as well be safe. Saw two without today.
                              Sorry to misspake...I was naked and ready to go streaking...with an orange hat and vest on.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 12-22-2015, 08:25 PM. Reason: Orangespake

Comment

Jim, how did you see me? I was camouflaged to the max.

Comment

Working...
                                X