No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I think I am going to be spending a few days around the new year with the recurve down at Granger. Do I need to bring rubber boots? Would a kayak be good or just extra weight to bring down there? If anyone is down there, I will have a camp and cold one for any TBHer, just PM me your contact info if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
      Chris, I can probably go with you. I just don't walk fast and far any more. But would enjoy a hunt with you.
      Txt me today. 512-963-9797.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        Hey guys, I think I am going to be spending a few days around the new year with the recurve down at Granger. Do I need to bring rubber boots? Would a kayak be good or just extra weight to bring down there? If anyone is down there, I will have a camp and cold one for any TBHer, just PM me your contact info if you would like.
        Their are area that have heavy water but can easily be avoided. If you have rubber boots that you can walk miles in then you'll be in good shape.
        A kayak will allow you to get into the best places with relative ease.
        What weekend will you be there. I'm gonna be camping weekend of the 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          Their are area that have heavy water but can easily be avoided. If you have rubber boots that you can walk miles in then you'll be in good shape.
          X2. And get a hog out without wrangling the briars....the water is always not far.

Sooie! Good luck!

Comment

Anyone going out to Granger today? I'm looking for some hunting buddies.

Comment

I went to the muddy Sore Finger yesterday, nothing seen but fresh tracks. The lake is still 3 - 4 feet over pool. Lots of the timber that borders the lake on the south edge is heavily flooded.

My, but those duck hunters do make a racket between 7:30 and 8:30.

Comment

Weekend after valentines day
                Says who? I hear this every year. I start making plans and then Rat says it's always the first weekend in February.

Comment

They have duck hunting also??? Looks like duck decoys in the morning and recurving hogs the rest of the day!!! I haven't broken out the single reed in a couple years.

Comment

What weekend will you be there. I'm gonna be camping weekend of the 9th.
                    I was thinking the first weekend or so, but may push it back until that weekend or so.

Comment

Yehaw!! Met up with Crod888 today and he put me on some hogs. Didn't get a shot off, but it was a good day, Thanks Crod888 for the hunt and it was good to meet and hang out with you.

Comment

Where'd you guys hunt? The PC? Yea....crod is good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
                          Where'd you guys hunt? The PC? Yea....crod is good stuff
                          Yip. One hell of a walk but worth it.

Comment

Chris, missed your post. Was deer hunting this morning. Sitting in my chair in the bushes and a pig walks out to my left about 10 feet away. He never knew i was there. He trotted away before i could get the bow back. Some hunters were ping ponging him all around where we set up to deer hunt. Was good to see pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter69 View Post
                              Yehaw!! Met up with Crod888 today and he put me on some hogs. Didn't get a shot off, but it was a good day, Thanks Crod888 for the hunt and it was good to meet and hang out with you.
                              Good hunting. Maybe next time we can seal the deal. I'll be out quite a bit that first week of January. I txt you and we can give it a go again.

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
                                Chris, missed your post. Was deer hunting this morning. Sitting in my chair in the bushes and a pig walks out to my left about 10 feet away. He never knew i was there. He trotted away before i could get the bow back. Some hunters were ping ponging him all around where we set up to deer hunt. Was good to see pigs.
                                Got yah buddy. I'll after the first of year hunting hard and camping weekend of the 9th.

Comment

Working...
                                X