No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will probably be out in the morning tomorrow, may go back in the evening as well depending on what the boss has on my "honey do" list.

Comment

Granger Xtreme Hunt here we come.

Comment

Originally posted by apoc330 View Post
        gbeard, i saw the sign posted. Do they just shoot em and let em lay for the coyotes? They are gonna be there the 27-29th or something like that. Hope to get something before they get started.
        They let them lay.

Don't worry, the chopper won't make a dent.

One year we shot more just hunti then the helochopper did.

Please go kill some.

Comment

I gave them the OK to fly our pastures as well. Hopefully the'll get a few. They should be able to push them into the plowed fields and really stick it to em.

Comment

The hunting is not the same after the Heli-Hunt takes place. They took 28 below the dam last year and 24 up river. Really sucks that they do it, I understand why its needed but it sucks from a hunting stand point. I ran one down last year that was shot and didnt die, man did he stink and was he mean.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
              The hunting is not the same after the Heli-Hunt takes place. They took 28 below the dam last year and 24 up river. Really sucks that they do it, I understand why its needed but it sucks from a hunting stand point. I ran one down last year that was shot and didnt die, man did he stink and was he mean.
              i saw that many piglits sat morn,if they all survive then just 2 litters replace what trhey shoot

Comment

I know.....Im just selfish and wand to save the pigs on the pig farm for the guys who put in the work and long miles, not those who use high powered rifles and a helocopter.

Comment

I've never been out after the heli hunts but definately worried about what that kind of pressure does. I spent about 8 hours this weekend scouting and think I finally found a spot that consistently has pigs.

I baited in the morning yesterday and went back in the evening, made the mistake of not circling around to my spot and was on the wrong side of the wind. Ran into 4 decent sized sow and about 12 piglets. Tried to get to the spot where it sounded like they were coming out but forgot how fast they are. the first one actually ran into the middle of the jeep trail and looked at me but was about 40 yds away so I couldnt get a shot and then they all proceeded to haul arse into the bloodweeds on the other side and at that point I was out of luck.

Learned a valuable lesson, I got out late and took an alternate route so I was rushing to check my bait spot and did not take my usual precautions so I missed a great opportunity to get my first pig. Haste Makes Waste!!!

Comment

apoc330, What kind of bait are you having the best luck with? if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Dont mind at all, I am using corn that i let soak in "Pig Out" that i got from Academy. I just let it soak for about 24 hrs and put it out and it seems to work pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                        I gave them the OK to fly our pastures as well. Hopefully the'll get a few. They should be able to push them into the plowed fields and really stick it to em.
                        I signed off on our places before Christmas. They'll probably do ours and Granger in right after each other.

Comment

Better get your pigs now cause after the heli starts flying all you'll ever see see is the sign from the night before. Im going again in the mourning to try and get my seventh out there this year. Prolly wont go after that until The Ranger Hunt. Hopefully things will have calmed down enough by then. Im hoping that with the lack of bloodweeds that is out there this year compared to the last two years the pigs will stay under the canopy of trees and prevent the heli from shooting them. Thats what I was told makes it hard for them to shoot the pigs below the dam, they have to push them out with 4-wheelers to open areas. Ill post tomarrow how it goes for me.

Comment

hey crod88, you do understand why they are doing the heli hunts don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                              I signed off on our places before Christmas. They'll probably do ours and Granger in right after each other.
                              Where is yalls place if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

I wish they could afford to close the WMA off for about a year and dedicate all of that time to hog control. Im tired of seeing our money being turned quite litterally into hog ****.

I wish there was a way for Parks and wildlife to just poison the darn things and be done with it.
                                Last edited by gbeard; 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X