Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Congrats! Cant wait to see the pics.

My breakfast and lunch meat this week is Granger hog, rear leg, seasoned with Dillo Dust. Hooray for me!

Everybody...What broadheads do yall prefer for harvesting hog in Granger? Im not sold on a particular one yet.

Above is pic of the hog I took on Saturday. 100% organic, pecan-fed pork, delish!

Parked at gate 6 around 5 pm with the intention of setting up a tree stand, but about 10 minutes into the hike, I turned a corner and jumped a group of about 8-10 hogs.

The hogs seemed just as surprised to see me as I was to see them. They paused just long enough for me to take aim and fire with my crossbow from about 15 yards. I couldn't have asked for a cleaner shot. The hog ran about 25 yards then collapsed and took his last breath...I never did get to set up that tree stand, but I did get my first Granger hog kill!

Cooked some in the crockpot last night! Delicious

As far as broadheads, I've been using the Excalibur X-Act for my xbow.

Comment

Congrats. Nice pig. I'll be going out later this week to try my luck at one or two of them Bad Boys. Did you run into any deer hunters while you were out there?

Comment

Congrats man....*******...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter69 View Post
          Congrats. Nice pig. I'll be going out later this week to try my luck at one or two of them Bad Boys. Did you run into any deer hunters while you were out there?
          Thanks guys. On Saturday, there was only 1 other hunter in the parking area and he said he was hunting pigs. I was lucky enough to get drawn for the deer permit, so I was looking out for doe when I ran into that hog.

Sunday afternoon, I ran into a deer hunter in the woods. He said he had gotten his 2 doe and was looking forward to finding his buck. I also ran into some deer hunters while camping in Willis Creek Park. Lots of duck hunters out, also. They all said they did really well.

Comment

Originally posted by geofferrier View Post
            Me and yogaball spent four soaking wet days there and saw two pigs. 14 deer though.
            Nice meeting you at Trudy's with Mr. Yogapants-ball

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Mrs. Yogaball was here too. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by geofferrier View Post
                Mrs. Yogaball was here too. Haha
                I saw that!

Comment

congrats on the pork! Some fine eating for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                    I saw that!

Hahaha. She's my newest cousin... Hahahahahah

Comment

Awesome! Good job Rambo1. Good lookin hog!

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                        I saw that!
                        Oh no! A yogapants sighting......
                        Nice seeing you again Tyler (jeff)

Comment

I had a good day out there sunday...no kills..but I took my new retrofitted kayak with trolling motor attached and buzzed around scouting from the banks...mainly just wanted to make sure my motor mount would hold up and see performance. ..I got a whopping 4mph haha...got to primitive camp from primitive launch in 15min just watching the good times roll by.
                          Hopefully it will be transporting hogs in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                            I had a good day out there sunday...no kills..but I took my new retrofitted kayak with trolling motor attached and buzzed around scouting from the banks...mainly just wanted to make sure my motor mount would hold up and see performance. ..I got a whopping 4mph haha...got to primitive camp from primitive launch in 15min just watching the good times roll by.
                            Hopefully it will be transporting hogs in the future
                            Glad you got a nice rig setup. we'll have to get after them hogs sometime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBall View Post
                              Glad you got a nice rig setup. we'll have to get after them hogs sometime soon!
                              Thanks, I still have some tinkering to do my next project is adding a bow mount because space gets eaten up quick on a kayak

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                Thanks, I still have some tinkering to do my next project is adding a bow mount because space gets eaten up quick on a kayak
                                recurve mount i hope

Comment

Working...
                                X