"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cali_hunter86 View Post
    Heading out today after the dentist if anyone wants to join be out there about 10. 512 939 5416
    Your crazy man!!! Good luck though and hope you dont get too wet

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      How high is the water Momma? 10 ft high and rising. Hogs are in the trees.
      Love that song! Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsouthunter View Post
        I guess I'm just lazy!!!! Lol

(Or too fat)... SMDH...

If I had a yack I'd be all over the pigs (I've heard'em over across the river when shooting squirrels)

I saw a small one across the river and if I shot him with my bow I just have no idea how to go get him!?!?

When u say "trail head" do u mean from the 95? All the way along the river? If so I really need a boat!!! Haha

Thanks for the info everyone and u guys are correct... (Come Dec/Jan hogs, squirrels and ANYTHING huntable will be in TROUBLE ��
        You can hike in from 95 but bring a lunch. Hiking in from water treatment plant end at the parking area is about 3 miles. I usually stage my stuff at the parking area past water treatment (for GRXH) and then go park at Taylor and hike back to my stuff (beer). When I hunt solo for a weekend my badlands Diablo carrys all I need in from Taylor (@5 miles) Not too far for an old man like me.

Comment

Heading out early saturday morning. I'll have my radio on channel 2. Parking around gate 7 and heading east.

Comment

Thats like a plan out of my play book. Get er'done.

Comment

What's up guys, my name is Jarrott and I'm addicted to bow hunting. It started this past Easter when I went out to my grandma's land and did some fishing in the stick tank, me and my brother in-law decided to drive to the back field an saw about 40 pigs grazing in the rye grass my uncle planted. The next day I went home, picked up my son's crossbow I got him for his b day a few earlier headed back out and did some spot and stalking, from that day I've been addicted, in my first 6 months of hunting I've killed 5 pigs, shot 3 more that I never found and even had my 11 year old son kill his first pig with a bow. Even though I'm 31 and have only been hunting for less than a year now I take hunting very serious, I don't half *** anything. I am always reading forums, magazines, watching videos, ect. Since Easter I have access to 5 different leases, over 600 acres that are loaded with hogs and after deer season I will be running year round feeders equipped with hog lights and experimenting with hog pipes and bait on the others, I joined this forum after reading a lot of stuff that yall have been posting and I'm looking for some new hunting buddies that are as dedicated to hunting as I am. Oh yeah and I think everyone on this forum will appreciate the best part, I live on river. You know the rail road bridge, that would be mine

Comment

Originally posted by grangerlake84 View Post
                What's up guys, my name is Jarrott and I'm addicted to bow hunting. It started this past Easter when I went out to my grandma's land and did some fishing in the stick tank, me and my brother in-law decided to drive to the back field an saw about 40 pigs grazing in the rye grass my uncle planted. The next day I went home, picked up my son's crossbow I got him for his b day a few earlier headed back out and did some spot and stalking, from that day I've been addicted, in my first 6 months of hunting I've killed 5 pigs, shot 3 more that I never found and even had my 11 year old son kill his first pig with a bow. Even though I'm 31 and have only been hunting for less than a year now I take hunting very serious, I don't half *** anything. I am always reading forums, magazines, watching videos, ect. Since Easter I have access to 5 different leases, over 600 acres that are loaded with hogs and after deer season I will be running year round feeders equipped with hog lights and experimenting with hog pipes and bait on the others, I joined this forum after reading a lot of stuff that yall have been posting and I'm looking for some new hunting buddies that are as dedicated to hunting as I am. Oh yeah and I think everyone on this forum will appreciate the best part, I live on river. You know the rail road bridge, that would be mine
                Welcome to the forum Jarrott. You have a prime spot there. Glad to show you some others or hunt with you some time.

Comment

Welcome...I plan on utilizing the river more in the future

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Sorry for some of that message not making sense, I was using my new phone and missed a word here and there. I live by the rail road bridge and my uncle owns the land on the south east side of the river. After deer season I can do whatever I want with the land as far as running feeders, baiting, and food plots to attract hogs. Anyone on here have any experience with food plots?

Comment

Welcome. Happy hog hunting! Lots of good critters around those woods. I think some one had a popup blind along the fence and mesquite scrub sendero last year at the bridge....your BIL? Is that land still for sale or is that the land on the other side of the tracks?

Food plots are great to hunt but can encourage nocturnal feeding of deer, especially with lots of night illumination. New moons and dark skies will get the deer feeding at the plots early morn and late evening. Hogs will feed anywhere anytime and arent prone to feeding at plots...in my experience.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                              You can hike in from 95 but bring a lunch. Hiking in from water treatment plant end at the parking area is about 3 miles. I usually stage my stuff at the parking area past water treatment (for GRXH) and then go park at Taylor and hike back to my stuff (beer). When I hunt solo for a weekend my badlands Diablo carrys all I need in from Taylor (@5 miles) Not too far for an old man like me.
                              How much beer are you going to hike in to GRXH this year, brotha?

Comment

Originally posted by grangerlake84 View Post
                                Welcome to the cadre, brotha. We're a bunch of pig-stickin' fools here!

Comment

Working...
                                X