No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and gents, be careful what u leave in your trucks out here while hunting...had some shoes taken before, I guess they needed more than I did. Gonna have to start hunting Rambo shooting distance from the trucks...

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
      I'm now glad I put the sow out of her misery! I was checking out a fallen tree on a south side creek crossing when a black and gray pig busted out. From my experience there's often a straggler, so I waited ten seconds until she busted out and crossed the creek. Her mistake was to stop on the other side just long enough for me to arrow her in the backstrap and bisect her lungs. I tracked her about 300yds by the mouth spray and hoof prints.
      Congrats!

Comment

Village your observation about some lagging behind was true for me yesterday as well on the 5 I busted...One bolted out and about 5 or so seconds later the rest but only after I took another step...they hold steady very disciplined before hitting their 5 sec 100yd dash

Comment

Anyone going out pig hunting this week?

Comment

Village,

Did it look like that leg had been caught in a leg snare?

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
              Village,

Did it look like that leg had been caught in a leg snare?

I'm not sure what that might look like. This foot seemed to be the same length as the good foot, so my guess was that it was a deformity and not injury. She ran off like a pig with four good legs. I'll check back in a few weeks when the vultures have cleaned it!

Comment

I forgot to mention when I went out last week I found an arrow in the dirt. It's an Easton Lightspeed 3D with blazer vanes and a mechanical broad head. Let me know if it's yours so we can meet up sometime out there and get your arrow back.

Comment

Hey guys, new to the forum. I got lucky and got drawn for a deer permit, so I am really looking forward to this season. Headed out this afternoon after work.

There is a wealth of information in this thread. Keep the pics coming!
                  Last edited by Rambo1; 10-29-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Welcome and good luck. in all honesty there are a lot of deer in sorefinger

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBall View Post
                      Welcome and good luck. in all honesty there are a lot of deer in sorefinger
                      Yoga, you have become somewhat the sorefinger expert. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                        Yoga, you have become somewhat the sorefinger expert. [emoji1]
                        This is true. Spent a bit of time there

Comment

Please no more granger hog hunting rookies, we have enough nubbin bucks already....all the hogs are by circleville bridge right now.

Comment

Heading out today after the dentist if anyone wants to join be out there about 10. 512 939 5416

Comment

Originally posted by Cali_hunter86 View Post
                              Heading out today after the dentist if anyone wants to join be out there about 10. 512 939 5416
                              Bring your rain suit, lol

Comment

How high is the water Momma? 10 ft high and rising. Hogs are in the trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X