Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know guys have caught piglets and tried to use them as a call haha never heard of it working though

Comment

I have used the piglet in the pocket a few times now. No luck. I figure if a live piglet call isnt good enough then no plastic call or noise I can come up with will work either.

Comment

Try cooking something to eat. That gets all the pigs in my house gathered up.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
          Try cooking something to eat. That gets all the pigs in my house gathered up.
          Ha! I was thinking about just packin a pocket full of green onions.

Comment

Hunted... Lots of sign from both ends of the hogs. Skirted two hogs on hoof...none in the cooler. Theyre scrounging on mesquite bean and some type of grass. Pecans on the ground are aborted and not filled...good ones still filling on trees. Bois d arc fruit on ground, not grubbed. Smooched and grunted some during a rest session...no avail.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-07-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Saw one swimming but couldn't get close enough for a shot. Dude had his Nikes on when he reached the shore. I did go back on Sunday morning but didn't come across any hogs. I did, however, have a doe and her fawn walk up to within five yards of me. They could tell there was something unusual as they kept dipping their heads and scanning all around me. The fawn got even closer and I tried a soft whistle to get them to move on. Nothing. So I finally waved at them and the doe freaked out snorting and stomping at me. I moved towards them and they bolted. I was laughing until a minute later three coyotes came by following their scent. I nocked an arrow but they were moving too quick. Tried following the coyotes but couldn't keep up. Then I came across a big ole buck. Nothing record breaking, but he was amazing to watch.

Comment

No hog calling on granger, um it won't work, u rooks are brave to temp the ticks, skeeters, rattlers, chiggers, and those poison plants...but I will say that I will see yall out there in dec...and the best way to kill pigs out there is putting in your time, baiting will work right now, later after everyone else starts chasing them it wont...I have killed them sitting in hackberry trees over wallows and corn and have killed them walking and stalking.....Stalking is the hardest, they have better noses and hearing than a deer or elk...vision not like a deer but they make up for that with smell and hearing, and most are soundered up so u can multiply that times 20...unless you get lucky on a lone boar or group of young boars... now is the time for u new guys to kill one, hardly any pressure on the pigs now...in dec....they are very edumicated...lol

Comment

Pic in my avatar is a sow I shot in 2006 behind the water treatment plant....250 pound sow...very tasty..double lung from my carbon express and she still ran 250 yds...they are tough bleeding critters..

Comment

I was just wondering where you been chief ....speaking of ticks I just read an article that opossums eat up to around 5k ticks each a season. ..so no more fried opossum at grxh we need the Lyme disease prevention

Comment

Lol, I just figured out how to reset my password...

Comment

That carp was good fried though..

Comment

Granger pigs

Fyi I don't kill one every year...last year I rolled a donut on granger..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Anyone else with some granger kills post em up....

Comment

Ill see if I can get my hunting partner to post his kills up from last season.

I didnt know if I was brave or dumb, the poison ivy was chest high.

Comment

I need to get out there with TXUSNAVYCHEIF

Comment

Working...
                                X