Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sqwallss is good eatin!!!!!

Comment

Squirrelly Pot Pie...Awesome! Looks delicious! What time do I show up for leftovers?

My Paw Paw prefers squirrell as dumplings. I like to boil the critters in chicken boullion water with lots of garlic powder and just eat off the bone. Im gonna try Paw Paws way next....its really only two more steps than mine. My old man showed me a super simple way to use cut tortillas as dumplings instead of making the dumplings. Easy, cleaner, and quicker. Im gonna have Granger Hog rib meat with eggs this morning for breakfast. Were blessed to have Granger.

Comment

[QUOTE=Briar Friar;10255663]
        How many folk know somebody that has actively hunted and bagged a squirrel by shot gun at Granger? QUOTE]

I shot one of these. Dirty Mike shot one and Scooter shot two.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by RickyS; 07-13-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Good harvesting Ricky an Co. Shotgun or bow? Do you eat and spit shot or slice out shot then cook?

I just noticed Village has Sr Squirrel posed for the Oklahoma Heart Shot. Hope thats not how it went....thatd suck....nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Squirrelly Pot Pie...Awesome! Looks delicious! What time do I show up for leftovers?

My Paw Paw prefers squirrell as dumplings. I like to boil the critters in chicken boullion water with lots of garlic powder and just eat off the bone. Im gonna try Paw Paws way next....its really only two more steps than mine. My old man showed me a super simple way to use cut tortillas as dumplings instead of making the dumplings. Easy, cleaner, and quicker. Im gonna have Granger Hog rib meat with eggs this morning for breakfast. Were blessed to have Granger.
            You can use canned biscuits too. I buy the cheap plain canned biscuits and cut them into quarters. Use some poultry seasoning if using chicken, I haven't done squirrel and dumplings I usually do squirrel stew and use cajun seasonings in it so I bet that would work for dumplings. Next thing you know we will need a Granger Squirrel Hunting thread LOL

Comment

Good harvesting Ricky an Co. Shotgun or bow? Do you eat and spit shot or slice out shot then cook?

I just noticed Village has Sr Squirrel posed for the Oklahoma Heart Shot. Hope thats not how it went....thatd suck....nuts.
              No village shot that thing in the head. real nice shot.....

Comment

[quote=RickyS;10261599]
                How many folk know somebody that has actively hunted and bagged a squirrel by shot gun at Granger? QUOTE]

I shot one of these. Dirty Mike shot one and Scooter shot two.
                Lmao @ Scooter.

Comment

[quote=bho0351;10263809]
                  Originally posted by RickyS View Post

Lmao @ Scooter.
                  Dude, you missed the part where I shot 2!!!

Comment

[quote=TxTyler;10264733]
                    Originally posted by bho0351 View Post

Dude, you missed the part where I shot 2!!!
                    I couldn't read any more past scooter

Comment

Should of been there for us cleaning them. LMAO, looking up youtube videos how to do the step on the tail pull technic. Good times, we need to do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcraftbrandon View Post
                        No village shot that thing in the head. real nice shot.....
                        I see now. That is some fine shootin.

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
                          Back when Granger had hogs i did see a shotgun hunter who blasted a few squirrels. Again, that was back when Granger had hogs.
                          I miss those days. There probably isn't a single hog left at Granger these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                            I miss those days. There probably isn't a single hog left at Granger these days.
                            The Eurasian Collared Duck honey hole is drying up too!

Farmers with land surrounding Granger will be pleased to hear of diminishing hog presence.

Comment

You guys shot all the hogs!!!! Dang where will I go to hunt pigs ??? I guess Granger Ranger hunt is over. Well it was a good run.

Comment

Don't know who is getting them, but on two occasions I have found piles of tree rodent heads and tails at gate 7. At least 4 each time.

Comment

Working...
                                X