Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
    if you look close, you can see the small entry point in the side of the rabbits head. i have to say, very cleaver trick putting the bow and arrow in the pic... it would fool most.

this is just another example why everyone needs to wear their blaze orange out there. some folks from this board are notorious for not wearing it, we all need to stay safe and be responsible hunters. Rules are there for a reason.
    I think you're right... I can see it now.

Comment

Was a .308 I used. Didn't think anyone would see from my clever angle......

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

[QUOTE=Hog Lick;10245887]I think you're right... I can see it now.

How cute. You should have told more jokes at GRXH.

Comment

Haha. Super troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcraftbrandon View Post
              Haha. Super troll.
              Lol. Dont believe everything Viper's wife tells you after a few drinks!

Comment

I was wondering about the 22 joke...sketch. Good follow on pic AustinHunter.

So...blaze orange? Not this guy. 2014 Ft Worth District ACE Granger Hunting Guide says nothing... I have personally spoken to game warden and spoke to park ranger specifically concerning blaze orange needing to be worn. Neither said it was rule that was enforceable. Safety is paramount but extra gear will drag you down....however, so will an arrow in the chest. Treat Never Keep Keep and ....know what your target is and what lies beyond it. If you cant see your quarry and its killbox and know where your partners are before firing, stay home.

If Im wrong please correct me.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-08-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Page 5 number 11. Granger is a non-permit lake.

Good shootin BushCraft....hope Bugs is tasty. How you gonna cook it?

Comment

slow cooked it on the grill wrapped in foil. butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper. yum.
                    where does it say granger is a non permit lake?

I would love to not wear orange.....
                    Last edited by strigif0rm3s; 07-09-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

i see it says this:

Corps Permit:
                      Not Required
                      So I assume its not required then huh?

Comment

It's been brought up before and supposedly you don't have to but I would still recommend it because there is a few dumbas$ses around

Comment

Very true. I've seen it debated here before. But this documentation is new to me.....

Comment

A corps permit is not required, but a tpwd permit is (public land). Old corps permits are like what they used to do at Georgetown.

The tpwd book that you get when you buy a type two permit says you gotta wear orange. Or, of you like, you can argue it out in court; because the game warden will ticket you if you aren't wearing Orange.

But it's only $179 ticket, so do what you want...

Comment

Rat...please verify documentation to what you are purporting...web link, etc... Especially of what a type 2 permit might be. Page number. State document number. Where is fine amount defined? Etc. Gotta stay square.

Documented governmental black and white is defineable. Hee haw means hee haw.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcraftbrandon View Post
                                i see it says this:

Corps Permit:
                                Not Required
                                So I assume its not required then huh?
                                Its not assumption. Assumption would be assuming something not in black and white and produced by...the United States...Army...Corps of Engineers, or TPWD.

I sorrowfully await to be corrected....in black and white.
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-10-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X