• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

This thread went a bit stale. Anyone been out lately? Fishing Reports and Pig Reports aaaaaaand GO!!

Comment

Tick reports? Rattlesnake reports?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            Tick reports? Rattlesnake reports?
            Well looks like tracker killed the last Granger hog and there aint no more. So x2 on the tick and snake reports? Lol

Comment

I went out there a week ago to check out the south side. As Tracker said, Granger is a jungle! Lots of long grass has grown up but the ground is still noisy from dead leaves. It's hard to stalk now. I jumped a few hogs - no chance of getting off a shot though. I followed one large sow as she snuck into a big now-leafy thicket. There's no way that you can spot them in there now!

Strangely there weren't any fishermen parked by Hwy 95. I walked next to the train bridge and spotted at least 40-50 white bass all nabbing may flies on the surface. They were all around 16-24in long. Would have been more fruitful to pack bow fishing gear than broad heads for piggies!

Comment

Went out last Saturday morning with Danimal14. Parked at the top of 7 and walked toward right across from PC. I walked back towards where I lost an arrow on Easter morning by where the blind is on the property line. Did not see anything, so on they way back went down to where the pond is just between the boat launch and the top of 7. Heard some hogs in the thickets and walked around to the other side and saw a decent size boar that was only 15-20 yards away, but as soon as I drew back he was gone.

So I had a shot and missed on Easter and was darn close to getting one last week, so there are definitely pigs still out there. I checked for ticks and did not see any, nor did I see any snakes the last few times out there.

Comment

Yeah its a jungle out there...and I think I had a tick crawling on my face Saturday night while I was asleep. .i grabbed it and crushed it, put it on the night stand to see what it was in the morning and went back to sleep. It wasn't there in the morning so i guess my half asleep crushing skills need work...not sure what it was but sure felt like a tick

Comment

If anyone on here bowfishes, I saw 100 longnose gar below the steps down by the rocks, most right on the surface and less than 5 yds off the bank, some pushing 30 pounds...they are spawning in the river and concentrated by the big rocks below the steps in that deeper water...fyi

Comment

Approx 100, alot of needlenose gar and carp...pretty blue green colored gar....

Comment

Went out to go hunting today,got about halfway and came across 3 rattle snakes.1 about 5' and the others about 2'.I didnt makr it the rest of the way,turned around and went home,I didnt have my snake boots on.I was off 95 just b4 the railroad tracks,so if you go that way watch out.

Comment

Snakes is good eatin'

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                            Snakes is good eatin'
                            I know but,rattle snakes are the only thing that scares the crap out of me.

Comment

Went out this morning.Good thing was I didnt see any more snakes,bad thing no pigs either.

Comment

Stumbled on two out there the other day. One rattled and one didn't...hate them **** things

Comment

Working...
                                X