No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable source that had direct contact with pilots.

Comment

Be plenty left for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
        Hopefully you remembered a cooler and yours didn't have all the nasties inside that mine did.
        I'm always prepared when I go hunt. Anyways that was a 50 pounder that I shot across the PC at 7:25pm. There were three of them, this one was the smallest. They stopped at about 10 yards because they sense that someone was in the area. I could not tell the position of this hog because the brush are very thick. But I know she's behind those leaves, so I let the arrow fly and hit her on the rib cage and came out at left hind leg.
        Attached Files

Comment

Tracker is that a Howatt Hunter?
          Carnage what bow is that?

Comment

That it is Wudstix! My new lucky one, got me top 3 in 2 tournaments last week and a hog this week. 1975 with only 1 scratch in the clear coat, I'm the 2nd owner. Pretty sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
              Tracker is that a Howatt Hunter?
              Carnage what bow is that?
              Tall Tines Archery, Custom Made 62" and 56# @28". I'm the third owner.

Comment

Tracker what poundage?

Comment

55# at 28. For some reason that's my favorite draw weight.

Comment

Had an early '70's model Damon Howatt Hunter that was marked 65#@28", it pulled about 67#@27 1/2" some of the earlier ones where not scaled as well. Hunted it for about 20 years had it refinished by Martin Archery and then traded to a guy in Idaho, if I remember correctly. Great shooting bows, one of the fastest factory bows of the day.

There's a thread on Stickbow.com leatherwall with a tribute to Damon Howatt who passed in 1965. Good stuff.
                    Last edited by Wudstix; 04-05-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yup I already posted mine up there! I'd give a kidney for that brazilian rosewood one with the white glass.

Comment

Mine had black glass. Were you at GRXH?

Comment

I was not. Think I was out doing some army training.

Comment

Keep an ear out for next year it is a hoot!

Comment

I'll be up in Washington. If the hogs get thicker out there I may fly down to chase em again.

Comment

Fort Lewis?

Comment

Working...
                                X