Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
    bigred56: location of primitive camp 30.655920° -97.404578°
    Note: You cant really 'see' the camp from the water, as it is on a flat area about 20 feet higher than the water. But look for the muddy beaten path 5 ft wide that leads away from the water on the east bank.
    Thanks! Ended up walking to it just to see if we could stick a hog on the way. Dang, that was a walk. Glad i finally did it though. Looks like a great place to camp.

Comment

Walking in is no worries. Do it all the time.

Try walking in from Number nine.

Comment

You mean there's a faster way then walking in from #9!?!?

Comment

Yup

Comment

I really gotta make it out there one day. Anyone going one of these weekends that wouldn't mind another guy taggin along?

Comment

Boys, I just posted this on facebook yesterday and figured I needed to share..I was fishing at granger dam spillway yesterday and as I departed the south side rocks and started on the path I stepped on a rattlesnake that was sunning himself...about a 5 footer..he struck at me a couple if times and got my pants, good thing I didnt have shorts on, it gave me no warning until I stepped on it and I was high stepping and trying to get out of his range...almost pooped my pants, another fisherman ran up to try to smash him with a rock but he got back into the rocks, moral of this story is regardless if its a well beaten path or not the snakes are out, so be aware and def wear snake boots or the leggings if your stomping around out here...im going to buy some snake boots now. Also this is the first time I have ever seen a rattler in the rocks by the spillway...usually only the water snakes..

Comment

Checked my skin for fang marks a few times....that would have sucked....usually I would say dont kill them but that was before this...lol

Comment

ok, but did you catch any fish

Comment

Thats what I want to know as well.

Comment

I think he caught a limit and trying to run us off

Comment

Yeah think he's a real "snake"

Comment

Few crappie and about a 10 pound bluecat....crappie and bluecats biting...its on...cut shad...night crawlers...crawfish...for cats...jigs and minnows for crappie.

Comment

The real deal about taking a boat to primitive camp is the ease with which you can retrieve a big hog. You think walking in and back is bad? Try walking in and then back out with 30 lbs of bloody pork and all your gear.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                              The real deal about taking a boat to primitive camp is the ease with which you can retrieve a big hog. You think walking in and back is bad? Try walking in and then back out with 30 lbs of bloody pork and all your gear.
                              True that!

Have plastic boat, will paddle
                              Rick

Comment

The "Helicopter" is gunning them hogs down!!

Comment

Working...
                                X