No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan us fill them with corn mash, jello, ice cream, and whatever else. I have a five hole pattern that rotates so that the holes are in a two-one-two type pattern. 1" holes so they have to lick it out. THink that might last a bit longer?

Comment

In general, how far do pigs travel per day, and do they gravitate around a home area if not pressured too hard?

Sometimes I see a lot of pigs in one area, then nothing for a few weeks, followed by many sightings on the following hunt. Just curious if these sightings are random.

Comment

Village " they" say........ 5-10 miles. With that said I have seen the same spotted jog on the camera for years. That dang pig lives somewhere close cause he knows when I show up and disappears and reappears when I leave. if there is food, water, and that other thing we all need in life I don't think they travel for the heck of it. The thing about pigs is they are smart!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Havent you heard from some of our expert Granger hunters that grager pigs cant be killed from a stand?
          Yes....I have heard...but I am a professor of Granger...lol

Comment

DM sounds about right, they'll travel as far as they have too to get away from pressure. Food, water, and ........ are what they want and need most. Good cover will hold them close if they are not pushed out temporarily.

Comment

Ok, another dumb question I see so many blond and spotted piglets out there, but the adults are always black or dark brown. Do they darken as they grow older or are the light-colored ones the first to get shot?

Comment

the babies are like deer fawns. They have the stripes and light color then turn black. Depending on the sounders genetics will have color variations as adults. Out in area in Victoria I hunt, we have gone from mainly black very few white or spotted to now there is always a couple white or spotted pigs. Or the red, blond color. I think the black ones end up a tad harder target. That white pig is easy to pick out in a dark pasture. Plus the spots are like a target painted on em.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                  Ok, another dumb question I see so many blond and spotted piglets out there, but the adults are always black or dark brown. Do they darken as they grow older or are the light-colored ones the first to get shot?
                  I'm no expert but my assumption would be the blondes get shot first as they are easier to spot.

Comment

Hey Neano, did you get to try your dutch oven baby at grxh, it looked like it was gonna be good rat rubbed it down with brown sugar and bbq sauce.
                    Call me a **** but man I had to walk away when you christened the won knife on that little guy, congrats though on the knife that was pretty sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      Hey Neano, did you get to try your dutch oven baby at grxh, it looked like it was gonna be good rat rubbed it down with brown sugar and bbq sauce.
                      Call me a **** but man I had to walk away when you christened the won knife on that little guy, congrats though on the knife that was pretty sweet
                      I was definitely not overly fond of killing a little one like that last time it happened, but boy did I love the rotisserie "cochon de lait" I had for dinner that night!

Comment

Got a little one today..he was 33 lbs

Comment

Trying to load a pic now

Comment

There you go.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yall can quit trying to make me feel bad about baby killing. Those little guys taste amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by whaskin1125 View Post
                                There you go.
                                Nice! Nothing wrong with taking the lil ones, they taste the best! Congrats on the kill

Comment

Working...
                                X