"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
    It'd sure be a shame if you "fell" into that cold water next time!
    That's why I didn't see any hogs across from the steps. They smelled killers across the river

Comment

Had a killing ground set up in there with Longarrow, may he rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
        That's why I didn't see any hogs across from the steps. They smelled killers across the river
        We saw 15 today....Sneaky took a shot, said he hit briars....they are holding in the thick briars until the last second to break...tons of fresh rooting out on the lake edges...im going to sit at my private land spot this eve...just checked it out, bunch of fresh pig tracks at my feeder finally...

Comment

Seeing plenty hogs, I guess I must be waiting for grxh to draw first blood with the new bow...we will be eating pork! dutch oven, roasted and fried...yep.....or I saw 50 squirrels...bound to be able to hit a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
            If u have waders....river is up a couple feet...u can wade if you want, the water is about 50 degrees...
            I'll just borrow the banana sling from the hairy dude posted earlier and wade across. Pigs will be so surprised I did it they'll just stand still to be shot.

I'll bring at least one blunt for tree rat "bacon".
            Last edited by Wudstix; 01-31-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I'll be out there next weekend. Hit PC Saturday morning to set up then see what kind of trouble I can get into out there

Comment

Postman just dropped off a new Paintman blade for me, hopefully Sneaky will post a pic on GRXH thread. Maybe here too. 7" blade with Ironwood burl wood handle and a horizontal sheath. Really happy with how it comes out and the feel of the knife in my hand.

Comment

I saw a couple racoons this morn...they wont be safe at the grxh..I havent eaten one in years but I guess we dry rub with tony c....and might be ok...prob go good with bud light.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                    Postman just dropped off a new Paintman blade for me, hopefully Sneaky will post a pic on GRXH thread. Maybe here too. 7" blade with Ironwood burl wood handle and a horizontal sheath. Really happy with how it comes out and the feel of the knife in my hand.

Comment

Awesome knife! Me likey

Comment

I don't know. The bolster is a little too long, the blade isn't polished, the handle has the low palm design...

I tell ya what; bring it to GRXH and I'll give a crisp $10 bill to take it off your hands!

Actually, it looks just about perfect! Paintman's been throwing out some good blades here lately!

And seriously, bring it to GRXH; I would really like to see it in action.

Now I have knife envy...

Comment

Beautiful blade. Should skip through the armor plate real well.

Comment

So I went and got some worms Saturday and the guy working tells me be careful if I fish around granger. I asked why and he replies the guy before you was out hunting around granger at night with a gun and the gw caught him and fined him a whole lot of money! Ha! Looks like all the harassing of them is paying off!

Comment

Thanks Sneaky. That knife will go with me every time I'm after hogs. It does have some heft to it, which is good. Posted next to Kershaw Knockout for reference. With a bit of luck it will get bloody at granger and at GRXH. It rides nice behind my back, out of the way.

Rat, I'll take a $10 bill for it wrapped around an American Express card with no Limit.

Could not be happier with TK's work, have a couple folks here in SA interested in his work, and some folks other places in the country, as well. Maybe I'll get a discount on my next one, if I bring him enough business.

Joey, poaching is a felony, so he should be glad he only got fined. String 'em up, it'll teach 'em a lesson.
                              Last edited by Wudstix; 02-01-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

That is a seriously sweet pig sticker, Wudstix. Mighty fine work you did once again, T.j.

Comment

Working...
                                X