"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    Going Friday to the PC if anyone wants to join me.
    Take some pictures for me of the ragweed or whatever is there now. I'd like to go but have to work. Maybe if you go on a Saturday I'll join you.

Do not try to ride a bike if it's muddy. I tried that once LOL..ended up walking.

Comment

It was muddy when I went, but that was below the dam. Havent been to primative yet but will make the hike sometime soon. I have heard good things about that area.. Is the best way to get there from the 95 bride or the entrance over by the water treatment plant? Also how far/long is the walk from either. Thanks for the help. Is there bloodreeds at primative?

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerBoars View Post
        It was muddy when I went, but that was below the dam. Havent been to primative yet but will make the hike sometime soon. I have heard good things about that area.. Is the best way to get there from the 95 bride or the entrance over by the water treatment plant? Also how far/long is the walk from either. Thanks for the help. Is there bloodreeds at primative?
        I go in from the water treatment plant. It takes about 35 minutes walking and10 minutes or so to ride in.

Comment

Hog Hunting still good out at granger?

Comment

Thanks crod888. I look forward to heading out that way tomorrow. Ill let everyone know how it went tomorrow

Comment

I've got a buddy that hunted below the dam on both sides yesterday and today and he saw nothing. Im gonna hit the PC and then 6 and 7 friday

Comment

H is just south of Willis Creek.

Comment

I busted one out there yesterday evening.. To muddy in the feild to get out to it though. Fourth one Ive busted in the past couple of weeks in the same feild. About a 250 lb bore. Ol .270 layed him down right in his tracks at 250 yards (im sold on Black Hills Gold ammo). This makes #10 since deer season began with about a million and a half to go.

Comment

Going out in the mourning....any reports from today? Gonna hit the PC in the mourning

Comment

I went last sunday. Not finding any fresh hog sign. Seen some nice deer. I was out by the dam in the woods again. Wont be able to make it out there again till after christmas

Comment

Come GRXH. I hope to see you there Paintman.

Comment

well dang, i was hoping to sneak out there during the week since I have so many vacation days to blow....only on the weekends now?

man, I gotta go find something to kill....something besides time that is....

Comment

Its open next week, its just closed for deer hunts this week. Its open next week, closed the week after. The closure dates I have posted on earlier pages

Comment

Its open next week, its just closed for deer hunts this week. Its open next week, closed the week after. The closure dates I have posted on earlier pages
                              2009 Closures
                              Oct 19 - Oct 23
                              Nov 9 - 13
                              Nov 23 - 25
                              Nov 30 - Dec 4
                              Dec 14 - 18
                              Dec 28 - 30

2010 Closures
                              Jan 4 - 8
                              Jan 11 - 13
                              Thanks, I found the dates....but that does me no good for today, tomorrow or friday...

Comment

Hey Black! I will be gone till the week after christmas. Even if there are closed dates sore finger is always open. You have a mountian bike. We can got out there cause dove season will be open again, Take a shot gun and a bow. If no doves there we can look for some hogs but we will be traveling a lot of area. That is why I asked about the bike. I will call you. Set something up for after christmas. Or if you got the days off why not go exploer sorefinger by yourself. Its big.

Comment

Working...
                                X