"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
    Traditional only. Looking to go primitive too as soon as I can keep from breaking my stick. I think in my young and dumb age I would love a kayak out there. Pretty darn tempting but then I'd have to bring the wife since she loves kayakin too. And then there'd be no pig hunting. And then I'd just be paddling around. And probably having to take selfies with her. And then I'll find myself taking pictures of critters. And then I'd be forced to take pictures of the hogs. Then I'd be laughed off this forum. Soooo it looks like I'll stick to walking around.
    Now that made me laugh right there My wife would be ****** she didnt have her gun to unload on them pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
      Was actually thinking the same thing when I wrote that. I called the warden two weeks ago, left a message and he never called me back. Glad they caught someone, but I wish they were more responsive.
      I was told they got the guy in the picture. He works in granger.

Comment

Hang 'em all, It'll teach 'em a lesson !!!!!

Comment

Alright I up and bought a one man canoe. I've used them before on big lakes and loved them--like a kayak except you can carry stuff....need to stay trad a bit.

Still will shop for jonboat tho...

Comment

Originally posted by ATX762 View Post
            Alright I up and bought a one man canoe. I've used them before on big lakes and loved them--like a kayak except you can carry stuff....need to stay trad a bit.

Which one did you go with?

Comment

Old Town Next. I think it's new for this year. Expensive but...should be pretty sweet.

Hopefully as sweet as the old wooden one-man I used to paddle around. Plus should be tougher.

Comment

very cool, just looked it up. You probably got the purple one huh.......

Comment

What if I did? It's 2015, boyz! I like my cammies pink as well.

Comment

Alright maybe I didn't get the purple one. I think it's more green but I actually am a little color blind. I am pretty sure my cammies ain't pink tho...

Comment

it's cool, i am currently fletching my arrows with pick feathers. I'm telling people it's for arrow visibility........ LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ATX762 View Post

Sweet! Canoes are cool. They'll haul a big load and they're faster than a kayak. Me and Dirty have actually left our kayaks at home and rented a canoe for a weekend trip.

Comment

Pink feathers are just a sign of manliness. You're sure of yourself, rock the pink.

Yeah the one-man canoe I used before...it was seriously f-in awesome. So **** fast. And obvs unlike a 2 man, it paddles straight bc the seat is about near the middle of the canoe.

Now if I can just figure my way around the place...I'll be good.

How many folks hunt below the dam vs elsewhere? Goes without saying not interested in anyone's spot, I'm counting on burning up some serious shoe leather, but it's nice to have some guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                            Sweet! Canoes are cool. They'll haul a big load and they're faster than a kayak. Me and Dirty have actually left our kayaks at home and rented a canoe for a weekend trip.

Thinking about trying to trade the yaks. Canoe fits kids better. Love the ride of the kayak. That NEXT canoe reminds me of the nuecanoe kayak canoe mix. Looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              Thinking about trying to trade the yaks. Canoe fits kids better. Love the ride of the kayak. That NEXT canoe reminds me of the nuecanoe kayak canoe mix. Looks cool.
                              Looking for a yak or two let me know if you sell.

Comment

I'm seriously considering trading most of my kayaks for a bass boat.....soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X