"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy All,
    Introduced myself on the GRXH thread--long time lurker. I've hunted granger before with a bow, few years back, and got drawn for a gun deer management hunt there a number of years back, killed a couple of spikes.

When I bowhunted there we used a buddie's canoe with a trolling motor. Said buddy has now moved out of state so I am thinkin on a boat to get.

Leaning toward a one man canoe as they are quiet but...maybe a 12 foot jonboat or something with small gas motor? Dunno. This is my late Christmas present and also I got divorced so I can spend my own money on myself present.

Love to get some thoughts or opinions. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
      And 144in of safety yellow...
      [ATTACH]687610[/ATTACH]

Random, but that date on top is my birthday. What do I win?

Comment

Originally posted by ATX762 View Post
        Howdy All,
        Introduced myself on the GRXH thread--long time lurker. I've hunted granger before with a bow, few years back, and got drawn for a gun deer management hunt there a number of years back, killed a couple of spikes.

When I bowhunted there we used a buddie's canoe with a trolling motor. Said buddy has now moved out of state so I am thinkin on a boat to get.

Leaning toward a one man canoe as they are quiet but...maybe a 12 foot jonboat or something with small gas motor? Dunno. This is my late Christmas present and also I got divorced so I can spend my own money on myself present.

Love to get some thoughts or opinions. Thanks in advance.

I would get a decent sized john boat and motor. With a trailer and launch from one of the parks. If it's an option. Canoes are great but up and down the primitive launch is a pain in the butt as I age. Also you can get out and land on parts of granger others simply are not willing to walk to. I do love my kayak cruising for sure. Stealthy and primitive cool. Now I am knocking on 40 I love turning the key and zooming to any section of granger Wma I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeprty View Post
          Random, but that date on top is my birthday. What do I win?

I granger hog. Now go get em.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            I granger hog. Now go get em.

Just 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeprty View Post
              Just 1?

Don't be greedy

Comment

Hey somebody has to down a couple pigs to feed 60 people. Might as well be me lol

Comment

I would get a decent sized john boat and motor. With a trailer and launch from one of the parks. If it's an option. Canoes are great but up and down the primitive launch is a pain in the butt as I age. Also you can get out and land on parts of granger others simply are not willing to walk to. I do love my kayak cruising for sure. Stealthy and primitive cool. Now I am knocking on 40 I love turning the key and zooming to any section of granger Wma I want.
                  Okay awesome. I'll start lookin into that. Come to think of it some of those sections would have made for a long paddle...

Another random question-- what's the breakdown on folks shooting trad vs compounds vs crossbows?

Comment

Originally posted by ATX762 View Post
                    Another random question-- what's the breakdown on folks shooting trad vs compounds vs crossbows?
                    From what i know (and this will be my first GRXH) it's a good mixture of all of them.
                    I've run into quite a few trad hunters on here.
                    I'm trad only.

Comment

Compound here.

Comment

Craigslist has a John boat on there now for $300. 12' with a troller motor.

I shoot compound as well. Haven't hunted out here yet but I've done some scouting. Close enough to smell them a few times...��

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Mostly compound shooters, a few trad folks, and a fair number of those also switch-hit with crossbows.

Comment

Traditional only. Looking to go primitive too as soon as I can keep from breaking my stick. I think in my young and dumb age I would love a kayak out there. Pretty darn tempting but then I'd have to bring the wife since she loves kayakin too. And then there'd be no pig hunting. And then I'd just be paddling around. And probably having to take selfies with her. And then I'll find myself taking pictures of critters. And then I'd be forced to take pictures of the hogs. Then I'd be laughed off this forum. Soooo it looks like I'll stick to walking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                              Mostly compound shooters, a few trad folks, and a fair number of those also switch-hit with crossbows.
                              Pepper Spray! And pepper spray.

Comment

That aint my stand, that is wudstix stand, you can find him on TBH
                                Wudstix's stand is his own two feet, no razor blades, no barbed nails, just nasty feet.

My bow is in the avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X