"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Tons of lurkers on here thats for sure....your info and do whatever you want I would just be careful. You can bet some people who may do illegal activity check up on this sight. I have been asked by alot people out there if I am on TBH and have even been told TBH was the ruin of granger! tons of locals lurk on this sight and theres even a few locals that have been known to troll it as well
    I'm sure we are the "ruin" of it for the poachers

Agree with you and Neano, would only allow regular posters and supporting members access. Also, if someone had access and never contributed to the map points I would probably revoke access as well. No lookie-loos

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

I think the GW really has too much area and not enough time. Only 2 of them. So that's 80 man hours. Add in paper work, training, they are stretched to thin. This weekend he would of not been able to even get the guys because he did not have access to a boat. Some deputies picked him up that happen to be out there. Think about every water system, back country road, deer lease. The dudes have to get a break every now and then. I don't think the GW can respond to every gun fire report or dog barking in the woods. It's too large area with tons of small tracts surrounding it. Heck there was fully auto gun fire sat night that I am sure came off private property but as quiet as it was sounded like it was 300 yards away. If you call the GW and are witnessing poaching, or illegal activity in the process more than likely he will be there. If you call because you hear simi auto rifle fire and it's his day off. Your probably getting no response. He was off duty at home relaxing Friday night and got dressed and came down and met the off duty deputy's that happen to be on the river. I know if my boss called me on a Friday night and said hey, you need to get dressed and come to work I would tell em it will be there on Monday. since tbh's been blowing up his phone with the info they been out there working the area. The guys he got Friday were neighbors with the guys he got a few weeks ago. It's like 2 men against 1000s. And the punishment is minimal. They simply don't care, or know the odds are in their favor. I am going to say they are doing their best with what they have.
      Last edited by Dirtymike; 01-19-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        I think the GW really has too much area and not enough time. Only 2 of them...
        Agreed, I realize they, as with most LEO, have a difficult job and are stretched thin. I guess what I really wish is they had more people...but...I do think he could have at least texted me or called in the last two weeks. Maybe we are burning them out with reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          I think the GW really has too much area and not enough time. Only 2 of them. So that's 80 man hours. Add in paper work, training, they are stretched to thin. This weekend he would of not been able to even get the guys because he did not have access to a boat. Some deputies picked him up that happen to be out there. Think about every water system, back country road, deer lease. The dudes have to get a break every now and then. I don't think the GW can respond to every gun fire report or dog barking in the woods. It's too large area with tons of small tracts surrounding it. Heck there was fully auto gun fire sat night that I am sure came off private property but as quiet as it was sounded like it was 300 yards away. If you call the GW and are witnessing poaching, or illegal activity in the process more than likely he will be there. If you call because you hear simi auto rifle fire and it's his day off. Your probably getting no response. He was off duty at home relaxing Friday night and got dressed and came down and met the off duty deputy's that happen to be on the river. I know if my boss called me on a Friday night and said hey, you need to get dressed and come to work I would tell em it will be there on Monday. since tbh's been blowing up his phone with the info they been out there working the area. The guys he got Friday were neighbors with the guys he got a few weeks ago. It's like 2 men against 1000s. And the punishment is minimal. They simply don't care, or know the odds are in their favor. I am going to say they are doing their best with what they have.
          Going to have to disagree with you on this one Dirty. They have been called with plenty of legit poaching calls and concerns not just gunshots. They do have a ton of area to cover in Williamson co that is for sure. Tons of lakes ect but most of the time during the winter theres not too many people out fishing. I know for a fact that when there were poaching calls to both of the wilco gw they were out on the side of parmer with a buck they had found settin up people cutting off horns. They would rather do that so they can write a few more tickets then respond to a legit poaching call where there are also people in danger as well. They know what kinda hours they will work when they sign up for the job. I respect them and the job they do just wish they would respond and take a risk to peoples safety a little more serious.

Comment

Safety is one thing but when it comes to poaching hogs I would say thats low on the priority list....hell they may even turn a blind eye because non native and a burden to agriculture

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
              Safety is one thing but when it comes to poaching hogs I would say thats low on the priority list....hell they may even turn a blind eye because non native and a burden to agriculture
              I will agree with you on that but theres more than pigs being poached at Granger.... you think if they are willing to poach a pig out there they would stop if a granger monster walked in front of them?

Comment

For me it's really the safety factor. Someone using a rifle or a shotgun at night that obviously doesn't know the rules probably doesn't know that there's a primitive campsite in the middle of the woods where people could potentially get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                  For me it's really the safety factor. Someone using a rifle or a shotgun at night that obviously doesn't know the rules probably doesn't know that there's a primitive campsite in the middle of the woods where people could potentially get hurt.
                  Or when your a hundred yards away on the other side of the river/ thicket and they let loose with an AR or a deer rifle. My little brother and sister are out there often as well as other kids and I would hate to see something happen to them or any other people legally hunting fishing camping out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    I will agree with you on that but theres more than pigs being poached at Granger.... you think if they are willing to poach a pig out there they would stop if a granger monster walked in front of them?
                    True...I thought about that right after I sent post.
                    For me the main concern is idiots with guns

Comment

Well there's always rabbits squirrel and fish for the grxh

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                        Well there's always rabbits squirrel and fish for the grxh

And there are also dandelions - wild greens salads for everyone!! :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                          And there are also dandelions - wild greens salads for everyone!! :-P
                          There's always those giant acorns as well. You love those for some odd reason

Comment

Green onions just right of camp too

Comment

Mine as well throw some grubs in the mix..someone bring a shovel

Comment

And 144in of safety yellow...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421730118.183237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	24359221

Comment

Working...
                                X