"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neano View Post
    Yup. The game cam I understood. Its small and down close to the ground, easy money. The stand they had to climb the tree and get it off. Then haul the thing back to their vehicle. Just one time I want to catch them in the act. Just once.
    That's crap! Sorry to hear that

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
      FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. [ATTACH]687113[/ATTACH]
      Congrats Village

Comment

Yup. The game cam I understood. Its small and down close to the ground, easy money. The stand they had to climb the tree and get it off. Then haul the thing back to their vehicle. Just one time I want to catch them in the act. Just once.

Epoxy a razor blade on top of climbing rail where a hand would have to grab to pull up before they could see it.

Comment

Came out to sit in my tree stand for the first hour or so of light. Too bad I can't because it's gone. They climbed the tree and took the stand. Took all the climbing posts as well. This sucks.
          **** Neano I hate hearing that. Total BS and I hate a damm thief. I have lost a few stands and feeders out there over the years. Mainly just the past two really. Used to be able to leave them out there and not worry about them too much. KAT!

Comment

Sounds like it is poacher heaven and flea market for thieves.
            Super glue that razor blade up high enough that a fall would really slow them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
              Sounds like it is poacher heaven and flea market for thieves.
              Super glue that razor blade up high enough that a fall would really slow them down.
              maybe a couple barbed nailes instead. Might catch them "hanging" around waiting for help.

Comment

Nah finding them laying on the ground as hog bait would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  Epoxy a razor blade on top of climbing rail where a hand would have to grab to pull up before they could see it.
                  Until a granger official or game warden climbed up to check it out, then that wouldn't work out so well...

Comment

I'm putting together a Google map of places I've sighted hogs or seen good activity (and my one kill Was thinking about sharing it with forum regulars if interested. It is private, only allowed gmail users can see or edit it...so poachers wouldn't be able to get their grubby hands on it. If anyone is interested, PM me with a gmail address and I'll add you.

Granger veterans, if you feel this is a bad idea, I'm open to not doing it as well, just thought it might be interesting to see where I and others have been seeing good activity. Thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
                      Until a granger official or game warden climbed up to check it out, then that wouldn't work out so well...

That aint my stand, that is wudstix stand, you can find him on TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        That aint my stand, that is wudstix stand, you can find him on TBH
                        Just replying to your comment, didn't think it was yours I agree btw, would love to do that to get them, hate people stealing, poaching, etc. Just sayin' if I did something like that would be my luck I'd end up in the pokey :P

Comment

I'm putting together a Google map of places I've sighted hogs or seen good activity (and my one kill Was thinking about sharing it with forum regulars if interested. It is private, only allowed gmail users can see or edit it...so poachers wouldn't be able to get their grubby hands on it. If anyone is interested, PM me with a gmail address and I'll add you.

Granger veterans, if you feel this is a bad idea, I'm open to not doing it as well, just thought it might be interesting to see where I and others have been seeing good activity. Thoughts??
                          Tons of lurkers on here thats for sure....your info and do whatever you want I would just be careful. You can bet some people who may do illegal activity check up on this sight. I have been asked by alot people out there if I am on TBH and have even been told TBH was the ruin of granger! tons of locals lurk on this sight and theres even a few locals that have been known to troll it as well

Comment

They would have to go out there first!

Actually was nice hearing that someone was actually caught out there this weekend. I just know they have been called plenty of times and never showed up. Anyone know if the two guys that were in the pic ever got caught?

Comment

I don't think it's a bad idea. One thing you may want to implement is only giving access to people who contribute or who have been on here awhile. Just to keep out those who would join just for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                They would have to go out there first!

Actually was nice hearing that someone was actually caught out there this weekend. I just know they have been called plenty of times and never showed up. Anyone know if the two guys that were in the pic ever got caught?
                                Was actually thinking the same thing when I wrote that. I called the warden two weeks ago, left a message and he never called me back. Glad they caught someone, but I wish they were more responsive.

Comment

Working...
                                X