"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
    It's not over a foot or so. You won't have a problem in a flatbottom. It's a chore in a kayak because you can't stand up. and it's around .9 mile from the launch.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
      FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. [ATTACH]687113[/ATTACH]

Congrats! You must have been sneaky to catch him asleep.

Comment

I tend to just wear waders. It's only about 3' deep close to the bank there at the PC. Besides, if my yak is loaded for camping I'm sitting in water anyway.
        That might be a good investment, but with my 10' canoe getting in and out without a solid rest is FUN!!! I'll need to budget for a yak in the future and go that route.

Summer project for somone; install a zip line to get across the river, so we can hunt both sides without a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
          Summer project for somone; install a zip line to get across the river, so we can hunt both sides without a boat.
          That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
            That would be awesome.
            Just a randon thought.

Comment

How did the camping trip turn out fellas?

Comment

Total BS. Good company, but hog numbers are pathetic. Poachers ticketed Friday night and full auto or hellfire rifle blast, shotgun pops, explosions, and coyotes Saturday night. Was cold as crap both nights.

Comment

Geeze....so tired of hearing about this crap out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    total bs. Good company, but hog numbers are pathetic. Poachers ticketed friday night and full auto or hellfire rifle blast, shotgun pops, explosions, and coyotes saturday night. Was cold as crap and babies screaming on both sides of the camp all nigh both nights.

fify...

Comment

I'd like to join y'all. But I'm not walking in. I'm too old to carry my kayak up and down the bank at the PL and I can't ride in the boat with Dirty. I have a new sport. I traded in my bow for a case of pepper spray. Somewhere out there is someone that needs to be sprayed. He may be one of those poachers at Granger this weekend. He may be Dirty. So see? If I rode in with Dirty and he was the winner.........I'm back to walking.

I think this sport is going to take off like crazy as soon as the LDP's hit youtube.
                      Dude if pepper sprayed me old buddy I would not make you walk. We been friends for too long. I would let you ski behind the boat on the way back.

Village nice pig. Did not know that was you at camp with pack full of pork. We dang name tags out there. Maybe sewn into the hunter orange vests.

Comment

Came out to sit in my tree stand for the first hour or so of light. Too bad I can't because it's gone. They climbed the tree and took the stand. Took all the climbing posts as well. This sucks.

Comment

Came out to sit in my tree stand for the first hour or so of light. Too bad I can't because it's gone. They climbed the tree and took the stand. Took all the climbing posts as well. This sucks.
                          ***! someone jacked your stand??!?!?
                          Sorry to hear....

Comment

Hah! I need to come put out some pepper spray cams.

Comment

Originally posted by brandondferrier View Post
                              ***! someone jacked your stand??!?!?
                              Sorry to hear....
                              Yup. The game cam I understood. Its small and down close to the ground, easy money. The stand they had to climb the tree and get it off. Then haul the thing back to their vehicle. Just one time I want to catch them in the act. Just once.

Comment

That is jacked up!!! Sorry to hear that Neano. Hate a **** thief. Hope whoever took it falls out of the sumbeech

Comment

Working...
                                X