"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Village View Post
    FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. [ATTACH]687113[/ATTACH]
    Nice pig village

Comment

Looks like an older buck. Rut injury might have got him.

Comment

Thanks all! @Tracker correct, it's a Hoyt Buffalo.

This pig was an old soldier! I quartered him out in the field and was surprised to find a gangrene wound in his shoulder, a 3-blade broadhead scar on his hind hoof, and another broadhead scar in his other hind leg!

Comment

That's why you shoot for the lips, it will hit a bit farther back. Had a ham hit last year, cause she hit the after burner just as I relaeased. That was at 8-9 yards.

Comment

Thanks all! @Tracker correct, it's a Hoyt Buffalo.

This pig was an old soldier! I quartered him out in the field and was surprised to find a gangrene wound in his shoulder, a 3-blade broadhead scar on his hind hoof, and another broadhead scar in his other hind leg!
            Carnage must have got to him first.

Comment

Village you coming to GRXH? Thread in Around the Campfire, good excuse to come back to Granger. Could use a few more stickbows there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                Village you coming to GRXH? Thread in Around the Campfire, good excuse to come back to Granger. Could use a few more stickbows there.

Planning on it! Need to officially sign-up on the thread. It would be great to meet the other trad folks

Comment

You can hike, bike, fly in, or get a ride from Taylor park boat launch,(pre-coord needed) or primitive launch at gate 7. Great bunch of guys and they like to drink beer. Oh, !!!! and hunt hogs. Read the rules on page one.

Comment

Congrats on the pig Village!

Comment

It is a good paddle, past PC down river. Take first right cut that you can and then the next right cut and it is back in. Then head towards the LEFT side past the island in the middle. If the river is down it can be a challenge. Possibly doubles the distance from primitive boat launch, but for this old fat guy it is alot drier.
                      Then hike to the right towards PC.
                      Reread, edited and reposted. It is a ways, but I have done it several times when I go in myself and don't want to "drown" in front of PC.

Anyone and everyone is invited to GRXH, thread on Around the Campfire.

Comment

FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. [ATTACH]687113[/ATTACH]
                        Congrats

Comment

Reread, edited and reposted. It is a ways, but I have done it several times when I go in myself and don't want to "drown" in front of PC.
                          I tend to just wear waders. It's only about 3' deep close to the bank there at the PC. Besides, if my yak is loaded for camping I'm sitting in water anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                            I tend to just wear waders. It's only about 3' deep close to the bank there at the PC. Besides, if my yak is loaded for camping I'm sitting in water anyway.

How high is the bank from the river at PC? I'll be in a little 10' flat bottom. Just wondering about getting outta the boat and on the grass. Also about how far is it from #7 to PC?

Thanks

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
                                How high is the bank from the river at PC? I'll be in a little 10' flat bottom. Just wondering about getting outta the boat and on the grass. Also about how far is it from #7 to PC?

Thanks
                                It's not over a foot or so. You won't have a problem in a flatbottom. It's a chore in a kayak because you can't stand up. and it's around .9 mile from the launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X