No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im at Dutchess in curcleville..trying to get my Granger hog tags. See ya soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
      Im yakin in as well, thinking of water shoes and shorts for the ride in, where is this duck pond and sweet beach you speak of wudstix
      It is a good paddle, past PC down river. Take first right cut that you can and then the next right cut and it is back in. Then head towards the right side past the island in the middle. If the river is down it can be a challenge. Possibly doubles the distance from primitive boat launch, but for this old fat guy it is alot drier.
      Then hike to the right towards PC.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
        I have a new sport. I traded in my bow for a case of pepper spray. Somewhere out there is someone that needs to be sprayed. He may be one of those poachers at Granger this weekend.
        That might be one way to have them stick around until the LE/GW gets there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
          That might be one way to have them stick around until the LE/GW gets there.
          Well I don't know about that so much. According to the rules all you have to do is spray, snap some LDP's on your phone and run like crazy. Once your LDP's are posted on TexasPepperSprayHunters.com you get credit for a score.
          Last edited by RickyS; 01-16-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

You could up the score by zip tying their hands behind their back as they flop on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post
              To answer your question, there are more than a few "temporary" stands and blinds out there. There's an $*@ load of them, kind of hard to avoid them...and most are not taken down from year to year.

Most are easy to spot, just look for the discarded corn sacks littering the ground.

However, the unwritten rule of most is that if its not yours, then you don't hunt out of it.

Would never hunt out of something that isn't mine, I just was surprised to se so many I did not know if that was legal out there. If so might have to set up a little stand well off the map seems to be a lot of hunting pressure from what I have seen so far. But I am still new to granger hunting so always up for taking advice thanks.

Comment

What should you do with these? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421509509.352080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	24358920

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                  What should you do with these? [ATTACH]687052[/ATTACH]
                  **** poachers pis$ me off! That is a good buck that a lottery winner could've had.

Send the pic to the GW, let them know what you saw, and ask if you can take the skull if you want it.

Comment

FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421526787.313180.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	24358949

Comment

FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. [ATTACH]687113[/ATTACH]
                      Congrats dude! Another one bites the dust. Still plenty of pigs out there!

Comment

FINALLY - got my own pig! I shot him while he was sleeping above a creek bed. Fortunately he dropped dead in 50yds because there wasn't a blood trail. [ATTACH]687113[/ATTACH]
                        Well done, brotha! with a trad bow, also!!

Comment

Great job. I'm at #9 with my longbow now....

Comment

Awesome pig village! And if that skull was down by 6 then darn it. Already called the GW about it and was just letting it weather so it wouldn't be so rank on the drive home. Which recurve is that? Looks like a hoyt.

Comment

Nevermind, different buck.

Comment

Nice village. .like a ninja with the trad bow

Comment

Working...
                                X