"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillfromFtWorth View Post
    not really, especially if your a farmer, I wish they would get seriously thinned out, they are nothing but destructive little bulldozers and encroach on the whitetails habitat.
    thats why we all need to stick a meat seeker in there hearts

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      Awesome deer....Congrats

Were are the hogs? Wanna go chase some saturday
      I don't think anybody shot a hog. The Recruiter said he kicked up a few big one in H. They're bedding down under the Johnson grass that's laying down on the dead Bloodweed. Makes a warm bed for a hog. Hard to stalk them when they're in there like that but it can be done.

I shot, dragged, and cleaned two doe this evening. I'm laying in bed tomorrow and gonna watch football all day and try to recover.

Take some pictures if you get one.

Comment

Gonna try tomorrow evening. I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully the freeze killed off alot of the underbrush

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerBoars View Post
          Gonna try tomorrow evening. I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully the freeze killed off alot of the underbrush
          did ya bike in to primitive sunday evening

Comment

I'm new to TBH and Granger and was wondering were I need to go to get the Permit to hunt there? Walmart? online? Just moved back from Florida and looking to get some Hog hunting in so any advice would help. Got my new Equinox in last week so I'm itchin' for some pork stickin'. MHZ
            Last edited by MAD HOGZ; 12-07-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Anywhere you can get your hunting lic. Went out yesterday morning. It was pretty cool. Light rain. No pigs to be found just some nice deer.

Comment

Would any of you be intrested in a group hunt at Granger. Do a hog Drive kinda deal? just a thought cause there is so much ground to cover. Figured we could run them to each other in stead of just running them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  Anywhere you can get your hunting lic. Went out yesterday morning. It was pretty cool. Light rain. No pigs to be found just some nice deer.
                  Thanks Dirtymike. After reading most of this thread it seems I will have my work cut out for me there. Can't wait .

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                    Would any of you be intrested in a group hunt at Granger. Do a hog Drive kinda deal? just a thought cause there is so much ground to cover. Figured we could run them to each other in stead of just running them off.

I would be up for that but it will be a couple of weeks before I can get out there. WORK Anytime after that is open in my book

Comment

Where is compartment "H" compared to the number locations on page one of this thread?

It looks familiar. I'm ready to get after them hogs.

Comment

Went below the dam and didn't see much sign of hogs.. just lots of fresh scrapes. We drove down the the spillway and saw a nice buck chasing a doe in the feild to the left when heading down the road to the spillway.

When are we planning the Granger Ranger Xtreme hunt again this upcoming year? I have missed out the past two years but will not be missing this one..

Comment

grxh is usually in march b-4 bownanza,been the last 2 years its been awsome,cant wait till the next one

Comment

went out sunday to the primitive camp,saw one piggie running ,alot of sign near the camp,im asuming someone rode in for the evening hunt,saw a bike on the road near the duck pond

Comment

Going Friday to the PC if anyone wants to join me.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                Where is compartment "H" compared to the number locations on page one of this thread?

It looks familiar. I'm ready to get after them hogs.
                                Its on the south side of willis creek, from the park to the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X