No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more day till the camping weekend out there. Hoping to bring down a hog to put over the fire!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
      Sorry bro but those are not ticks!!!!they are hog lice....will not even bite u....only swine is its host...although they are nasty looking they are harmless to humans and just pester the hogs a bit.....google "hog louse or lice" most of the time if u see a tick on a granger hog its only in the ears....more rookie training, do I have to be the biologist as well dang....lol
      I get the hog lice so mixed up with my own lice, that I can't even tell which is which anymore when I carry the hogs on my shoulders.....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
        Sorry bro but those are not ticks!!!!they are hog lice....will not even bite u....only swine is its host...although they are nasty looking they are harmless to humans and just pester the hogs a bit.....google "hog louse or lice" most of the time if u see a tick on a granger hog its only in the ears....more rookie training, do I have to be the biologist as well dang....lol

Maybe, but I've never looked that closely at them. I'll inspect them closer next time, as I'm always up for learning new things.

Either way, i'm not using a hog as a cloak with that many "lice". There's other ways to get them out.

Not sure I qualify as a granger rookie, I just don't post much.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
          Me neither.
          You lie like the lice on sqeeky's head.

Comment

Sorry meant sneaky.....

Comment

and shoulders not head....

man i cant even be a wiseass right. Back to work

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                and shoulders not head....

man i cant even be a wiseass right. Back to work

Comment

It seems I get that package a lot. Return to sender

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                    You lie like the lice on sqeeky's head.

I'll pepper spray your arse!

Comment

Hello my name is Jacob I also hunt the granger public lands and I am new to this forum. I noticed a few temporary stands on some of the public lands are any of them y'all's?

Comment

i just put up a stand,my first one so i wouldn't trust it much.

Comment

If you really want to have fun hunting hogs at Granger stands are useless. Stalk them! We've recovered 2 pigs in a span of a month or two

Comment

Originally posted by TXAggie06 View Post
                            If you really want to have fun hunting hogs at Granger stands are useless. Stalk them! We've recovered 2 pigs in a span of a month or two
                            Ehhhh ....wrong! Plenty of pigs shot at granger out of a stand. Ask Navy pretty sure the pig in his avatar was shot out of a stand ...could be wrong but think he set it up on a crossing.
                            Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 01-14-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Ehhhh ....wrong!
                              I'll sit still for some good deer, Aoudad, black buck, mule deer and other real game but for pigs? Nah go hunt them down with no mercy.

If you're waiting around on pigs you're wasting your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                Ehhhh ....wrong! Plenty of pigs shot at granger out of a stand. Ask Navy pretty sure the pig in his avatar was shot out of a stand ...could be wrong but think he set it up on a crossing.
                                Yep, ive killed a few out of trees....however it was in a place with low or no boot pressure.....trying to find a spot like this almost requires a boat nowadays....

Comment

Working...
                                X