Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O I'm sorry to hear that. Well if I see you I'll see you I guess. Yeah the terrain back there is nice. bring a thermacell though the skeeters are bad hopefully the cold weather will keep them off for a few hours. I'm hoping to catch the hogs on their way back into the cover.

Comment

I just bought one a themacell. How do you store it when done. Do the mats dry out after each use? Need to replace every time or what. I threw the box away cause real men dont need instuctions or directions for that matter.

Comment

Anyone know if Granger is closed to hunting this week?

Comment

A page or so back grangerboars posted the dates

Comment

I think the pads run out every 4 hours but if you go to their website it has all the info on when to replace the butane and the pads. Any luck today? Once again I saw about 20+ deer total. No hogs but A LOT of sign, some of it fresh, over at gate 7. But good luck stalking over there leaves are all over the ground and very crunnnchy couldn't walk 10 ft in there without being heard.

Comment

2009 Closures
              Oct 19 - Oct 23
              Nov 9 - 13
              Nov 23 - 25
              Nov 30 - Dec 4
              Dec 14 - 18
              Dec 28 - 30

2010 Closures
              Jan 4 - 8
              Jan 11 - 13

Went out on Sunday and didn't see anything but some big fresh scrapes made large deer. We saw one big buck running from us but no hogs. May try this weekend sometime

Comment

Yeah I think I won't go again until its overcast and cold like it was that one day when you got your hog Grangerboars. Bad weather seems to be the best bet I guess. O and if you go sunday I saw all that fresh/semi fresh sign at gate 7 to the left (If you follow the road trail that circles around you will see the wallows and endless hog tracks haha).

Comment

we might go tomorrow during the day to give it a try. I shot that one pig at like 11 and they were bedded down. So if its raining ill prolly be out there under the pecans looking around. But only if its not poaring . Yea gate 7 there is lots of sign just seem to be no hogs. I think they hit that area at night heading to the farmers feilds then back in the thick stuff during the day. Good luck diamondstud

Comment

Had to get out of town for a few days. Had some inlaws pass away. Cant wait to get back out there. Got 4 this weekend on the inlaws place. Thought I was going to be pig dinner. It was foggy foggy foggy and they were everywhere. Could not use the bow. Took them all out with my glock 9mm. One was a really mean boar. I love walking up on a feeder pen and blocking the only way out and unloading on them. It is not the smartest thing to block the entrance and only exit with yourself but...... Thats what makes it fun. Will upload some pics later. I got one pic with my camera phone and my father inlaw got a few with his digi. He took off to church and left me with the dirty work of cleaning them. I just hung them up with the tractor, skinned to the front shoulder, deboned the two back hams and took out the backstraps and the rest was buzzard food. I will never gut a hog again.

Comment

tOO mANY hOGS

Our lease is loaded with hogs in tarkington. Me and a couple buddies got up to the lease friday and we were drinking and riding four wheelers about 1030 at night and started to put up a bowblind when i happened to turnaround and there stood a 230 lb hog just eating away. Needless to say i pulled my 9mm and my buddy ronnie pulled his 45 and we walked 10 steps towards the feeder while sean was sitting in the bowblind with the light. We counted down from 3 and then world war 3 started. I shot 5 times and it seamed like a hundred. The hog ran, after we stopped firing we listened................ we heard him roll and that was that. We went back to camp and came back 30 min later. We looked for 2 hours we couldnt find him. We hunted the next morning and then looked for him i found him 20 yards behind the stand in a thorn bush. He was a MONSTER. It took 3 of us just to pick him up. My luck i didnt have a camera that trip. Needless to say that evening not 5 min in the stand feeder went off, min later 190 lb bore walks out he took10 steps and i let loose with the 7 mag he dropped. Not 6 min later 4 more walked out eating right beside him laying dead. Thats when i let loose again taking a 120 sow. Moral of the story we have to many **** hogs

Comment

pjcody where did you go to school at?

Comment

Wow, chilly weather here!

Comment

Sounds like granger is pretty good.

Comment

"The Recruiter" tagged a nice one in Compartment H this week during the Archery Trophy hunt.

Also, "He who does not miss", killed three yotes three day in a row in H.

I hear there were three doe taken in other units.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                                "The Recruiter" tagged a nice one in Compartment H this week during the Archery Trophy hunt.

Also, "He who does not miss", killed three yotes three day in a row in H.

I hear there were three doe taken in other units.
                                Awesome deer....Congrats

Were are the hogs? Wanna go chase some saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X