No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have has good luck with a ham hit. 160 grain two blade head, pig made it @80 yards and I followed the blood trail at a trott. One of the pigs in avatar was han hit.

Comment

had a good time out there jackster nice meeting you and your son, have to do it again, and that group of hogs we jumped had one huge one in the group that ran right in front of me and if I was quicker of the draw may of had a shot, after all the big ones ran by a group of piglets came trotting through, next time im going in for the tackle on one.
      And the deer are ridiculous, we saw a herd of around 30 run in front of us

Comment

With the cooler temps, rain and wind hogs should be dropping. Perfect weather!!

Comment

Who drives the tan Chevy with a Yeti sticker? Only hog hunter I saw the whole weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
            I just called Williamson County. They said they are sending somebody out. Hopefully so but who knows. On my way in to camp yesterday I tried taking the route by the red gate that Dirty had mentioned due to less hills. The landowner that lives right next to that gate came out and ripped me a new one. Saying there was some new law saying you couldn't go within 60 yards of the private land fence. I tried to calm him down but the dude was flipping out. Saying we ruined his hunt and all. I finally got frustrated and was like would I be poaching with all my orange on? I understand they are frustrated to but jeez.
            Next time call the police on that mother blank..he dont own that parking by the red gate....very very legal to park there cause its a shorter walk or ride...if he harrasses me.I might put him on the ground.....then call wilco...park rangers dont even have pepper spray and dont do sh++...this is the second time ive heard about this guy harrasing hunters....u know thats against the law...flatbroke on here said he followed him into the park looking for him....someone follows me might catch a beatdown....neano arent u in the Army dont let that guy bully u again...he will say he knows the game warden...so the blank do I mofo....

Comment

Oh neano there is no new law out there about parking that guy is full of it....corps land is corps land...I may go over and park my truck by the red gate tomor morning and set my alarm off in my truck accidentally...

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                As I read it in the regs as long as there's a season involving guns going on you gotta wear orange. So shotguns for small game is year long there meaning year round orange. Please someone correct me so then I can stop we airing my orange. It broke today
                No orange required to hunt migratory gamebirds...ie ducks or doves.....on corps land....plus the birds can see orange....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                  Next time call the police on that mother blank..he dont own that parking by the red gate....very very legal to park there cause its a shorter walk or ride...if he harrasses me.I might put him on the ground.....then call wilco...park rangers dont even have pepper spray and dont do sh++...this is the second time ive heard about this guy harrasing hunters....u know thats against the law...flatbroke on here said he followed him into the park looking for him....someone follows me might catch a beatdown....neano arent u in the Army dont let that guy bully u again...he will say he knows the game warden...so the blank do I mofo....
                  I like your style sir!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    you are correct. That's what we were told during the draw hunts.
                    wrong.........orange not req for hunting migratory gamebirds......on granger phl...

Comment

wrong.........orange not req for hunting migratory gamebirds......on granger phl...
                      I just meant you had to wear orange if you were pig hunting. I know you dont have to wear it white hunting migratory birds.

Comment

Deleted....
                        Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 12-28-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          I just meant you had to wear orange if you were pig hunting. I know you dont have to wear it white hunting migratory birds.
                          I not trying to be rude to u either....sorry...

Comment

I wasn't wearing orange when I got stopped two weeks ago. The GW didn't say a word

Comment

I just downloaded and read granger army corps rules for hunter orange and it states that since granger is a non permit lake that orange is only recommended....huh....thats new.....so its not req according to the army corps, u guys can google granger lake hunting req and download the pdf....read it yourselves....I stand corrected for this is new to me....I am wearing my orange vest so no jerk accidentally shoots me....but thats why joel didnt say anything to crod about it...I guess...

Comment

I just downloaded and read granger army corps rules for hunter orange and it states that since granger is a non permit lake that orange is only recommended....huh....thats new.....so its not req according to the army corps, u guys can google granger lake hunting req and download the pdf....read it yourselves....I stand corrected for this is new to me....I am wearing my orange vest so no jerk accidentally shoots me....but thats why joel didnt say anything to crod about it...I guess...
                                well ill be ****ed....yeah I think precautionary is probably wise since it is public land and there are dumb asses out there

Comment

Working...
                                X