No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was hard core I built a trailer for the bike and always carted in a 5 gal bucket full of corn, also u can gut your hog and push them out on your cart and drive the flat areas and downhills...16ft flatbottom boat with a 30 hp is alot easier....thats how I got the sow in my avatar out...she was 250

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
      I think its safe to say that after you have killed 10 or more pigs out at granger with a bow of any kind that you are pretty knowledgeable about these specific hogs but I also used to chase them three times a week utilizing mountain bike or boat...I have noticed that the strain of white colored and calico colored ones are being killed off...I havent seen any white in a year or so, has anyone else? I am not the "hog whisperer" I think Sneaky might have taken my staff...lol
      I was on a cool looking white one a few weeks back. Probably 90 pounder. Not tan, but white.

Comment

Crazy....white, like a farm pig????I saw a pink one like a farm pig out there about 7 years ago...looked like wilbur.....no shot though...smart animals..hear like a deer smell like a deer, see like an armadillo....all the crunching we do when we walk out there they dont need to see us..lol

Comment

I think it would be a blast hunt on the mountain bike. Would let you get further in more quickly. I would just be afraid that if I got off to do some on foot hunting and locked it to a tree, someone would come along with bolt cutters or a saw and have a new bike.

This trailer looks like a great way to get a hog back to the truck, but is crazy expensive. Anybody have suggestions for cheaper?

http://www.bobgear.com/bike-trailers/ibex

Comment

get some game bags and quarter in field and hike out in back pack

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
              get some game bags and quarter in field and hike out in back pack
              Yeah! What he said. Leave all that stinky stuff for the rest on the food chain.

Comment

There is so much brush and low hanging trees/vines I feel like it would be more of a hassle to have to constantly mount and dismount a bike to traverse some areas.

Comment

Originally posted by TXAggie06 View Post
                  There is so much brush and low hanging trees/vines I feel like it would be more of a hassle to have to constantly mount and dismount a bike to traverse some areas.
                  I'd use a bike to get to the PC. There's a few other spots I'd bike to as well. You could field dress an animal, straddle it over the bike and wheel it out too.

Comment

machete + bike = awesome (that's what i'm thinking)

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                      Crazy....white, like a farm pig????I saw a pink one like a farm pig out there about 7 years ago...looked like wilbur.....no shot though...smart animals..hear like a deer smell like a deer, see like an armadillo....all the crunching we do when we walk out there they dont need to see us..lol
                      not the pink, but a white one. definitely wasn't a farm raised one.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                        I'd use a bike to get to the PC. There's a few other spots I'd bike to as well. You could field dress an animal, straddle it over the bike and wheel it out too.
                        Matter of fact, last January 10 or 12 of us were camped at the PC when 3 guys rode in on their bikes. They had ridden them from Austin. Yoga pants was there too.
                        Last edited by RickyS; 12-18-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Matter of fact, last January 10 or 12 of us were camped at the PC when 3 guys rode in on their bikes. They had ridden them from Austin. Yoga pants was there too.

I vote more yoga pants ay PC less Sackett on as sleds chaps!

Mountain bike gets you back farther than most on foot. But not usefull on San Gabriel unit after a rain I camo out mike old diamond back and mounted a bow/gun rack on it. That was a interesting bottle of whiskey and 6 pack of spray paint. My buddies poor sego palm. We kept messing up ( if you can do that on camo) and stripped most of the palm leaves.

Never worried about random person showing up with bolt cutters. Not likely 4-5 miles back. Now a feeder 4-5 miles back left over time would walk off. Besides its camo, they can't see it

Comment

Ahhhhh. Yoga pants...

Comment

I lost my phone and had to get a new one with no contacts from the old phone. My fellow blod brothers txt me ur numbers if I had them before please

Comment

I was there with my fiance and dog that night i'm pretty sure.
                                There was a guy who solo-camped next to us as well.
                                Did someone in your group have a chainsaw and come over and help us???
                                Last edited by strigif0rm3s; 12-19-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X