Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know when granger ranger might be

Comment

Looking to get a recurve with 50# pull is that enough?

Comment

Rat's son killed a Granger pig last January with a 42# bow.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by RickyS; 12-11-2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Awesome we got on pigs the other day and every time they were to close for my pins

Comment

I used to Hunt with a 65lb recurve, moved to a 47lb longbow and it's way better. 50lbs will kill any animal in North America.

Comment

i use a 44# longbow (and have a 51# on the way from Dan Toelke) and that can kill anything in north America.
              My only advice is to not "over-bow" yourself right away.

I hope to be out at Granger a lot after deer season is over going after pigs.

Comment

True, 45lbs is supposed to kill anything in North America, but I like to shoot out beyond the standard 20 so I always up it to 50 which will maintain enough ummph to push a 200grn head through a moose at 35-40yards. And I started with a 35 just to learn form and such then went to a 55, then a 63, and noticed my form started to suck. So now I'm at 47, 185gr grizzlies on a 550grain Doug fir shaft, and that set up id happily use on anything

Comment

very nice!!!!
                  I am going to have to tune my bow once i get it in a few weeks.
                  My 51# @ 27" is going to be perfect for most everything i think.
                  My 44# is just not enough for the distance I'd like.
                  You have a lot of experience with wood arrows?
                  I've played with them quite a bit but end up going to carbon again......
                  what is your experience?

Comment

i'm too new and can't PM you yet..... LOL

Comment

What's everyone shoot?

Comment

64" 44#@28" Great Plains "Osagian" takedown longbow
                        Easton Axis Traditional carbon arrows

SOON BE SHOOTING MY (when it gets delivered around Christmas time):
                        Dan Toelke 62" 51#@27" Whip HS Longbow
                        hopefully get some wood arrows setup too.

Comment

Guy on here Chris Hackworth, of dry creek bows made mine. It's sweet. And yeah I make my own arrows from splitting the log to glue my points. Even killed the turkey for the fletchings. Love wood arrows but the guys on the trad forum have tought me lots too

Comment

Anybody doing a hunt Friday?

Comment

How much do they run?

Comment

Chris made my bow for free since mine broke when I got back from Afghanistan. Usually runs 500 bucks or something. And I'm getting my wisdoms pulled so there's no hunting for me this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X