No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great kill. That's the way to put them down. Between the ears!

Comment

Nice meeting ya'll and a helluva gesture to show dylan the ropes out there congrats on the bacon.

Comment

Awesome...nice shot

Comment

congrats and nice shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Comehere deer View Post
            Carnage Dylan and I headed to the steps to cross over and head to the spot however the river is too high fellas (knee deep). So we headed to 95 bridge and was going to trek in however there were too many care there already so we decided to go back to # 7 and head into the wind (west).

That west wind kept me at home until it switched to the South a little after lunch. 55 miles later I parked at the 95 bridge walked the river up into The Spot. I was right across from The Steps about an hour before dark when it sounded like a school bus just unloaded there. No pigs or deer seen. Tested some gear. Some worked great, some failed, some need modifying. Had a good time though. I may do it again soon.

Comment

I'm going out in morning if anyone else is gonna be out I would like to meet up

Comment

Safety orange

Be sure y'all are wearing your colors. Got to go hunting tonight first time in a while. There was a hell of a lot of shooting on the river tonight. Serveral shots from a 22, and something else that soundesounded like a pistol. Not ure, but it was definitely not a shotgun. Worst was right before dark less than 200 yards heard a deer rifle shoot. Be careful fellas.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417370773.343036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	24347986
                  I'm tracking this guy.. Wish me luck on first pig!

Comment

I met up with night stalker this morning and we headed east from the top of 7 and came across a group of around 15 moving pretty quick away from us....we stalked them down a couple hundred yards away and they turned and came right for us I took a trotting shot at around 25 yds and they scattered squeeling....couldn't find my arrow or pig... Being my first bow shot on an animal I didn't have all my bearings with me but I think I may have been low, while we were looking for my arrow the piglets circled back around and must of gotten separated from the moms...they came within 20ft and night stalker had a shot but passed since they were about the size of a football .
                    Good times best hunt yet for me out there...looking forward to next time

Comment

Good luck village hope to see some pics

Comment

I tracked a lot of bright blood about 200yds until it stopped as he ran down another ravine. Lost him and my arrow It was a high lung shot from 10yds and no pass-through.

Comment

If anybody finds a hog with a vapor blackhawk arrow with Orange and white fletching and yellow and orange tiger striped cresting in it its mine.
                          I shot him in the head the 1st shot,he busted out then I shot him in the shoulder,,but hit a little high.He took off and crossed the river close to the steps,by the time I got across,he wad gone with no blood trail.

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
                            I tracked a lot of bright blood about 200yds until it stopped as he ran down another ravine. Lost him and my arrow It was a high lung shot from 10yds and no pass-through.
                            I passed about a dozen hikers on my way out. Very nice people! Mostly ladies. They were just getting to The Spot when I met up with them. They could have helped you track. There were 10 vehicles parked at the 95 bridge when I got to my truck a little after noon.
                            Anyway, good meeting up with you this morning Village. Good times, again. Thanks!

Comment

Haha what were they, pig tourists? Good to run into you. We'll do it again!

Comment

Sounds like u guys have just been maming my precious swine, im going to have to start putting my boat in and show yall how its done...im tired of seeing blood on here and the "never found "or lost the blood trail..posts...rookies...lol....

Comment

Working...
                                X