"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
    It's getting dark around 7:15ish. I'd like to meet up at the primitive launch around 2:00. Head west through 7 and meet up with Pepper on the way back in. All I'm taking is water and a snack. I'll leave the boats at home. Y'all chime in, who wants to meet up when?
    Y'all still out there?

Comment

Tanks to all those guys, Crod, Carnage, Village, RickyS, TxFirefighter and everyone else. I really enjoyed it, appreciate all the hospitality shown me the ropes in the backyard look forward to stickin a pig out there or anywhere nearby. Did ya'll get anything further along the river?

Comment

No pigs stuck with all yall out there yesterday?

Comment

We had a great time. We only saw about 10 pigs total. Very thick and green! Deer destroyer and I walked up on big boar bedded down about 10 yards in front of us. We could only his head and ears. We figured he would run at any second so I told deer destroyer to take a shot with his crossbow. He tried to sneak one into an ear hole but it actually hit the top of hogs head and ricocheted off! Craziest thing I've seen! He took off like a bat outta hell! I couldn't get a follow up shot. He broke his bolt in half and ruined the broad head from the shot. Getting dark at that point so we found a good area to sit a bit didn't see anything. It ought to be real good out there once it gets cold and everything dies down.
          Last edited by TXFireFighter; 10-06-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for organizing the hunt! I had a great time and really appreciated all the advice. I plan on going out there a lot this fall so hit me up if you'll be out there!
            Last edited by Village; 10-06-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, had fun! Glad to see there's somewhere to hunt big hogs without paying a fortune. And thanks to firefighter and cord888. It's obvious that you guys have logged a lot of hours out there and after hunting with y'all I can say y'all have most definitely earned ever hog y'all have taken out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
                Thanks guys, had fun! Glad to see there's somewhere to hunt big hogs without paying a fortune. And thanks to firefighter and cord888. It's obvious that you guys have logged a lot of hours out there and after hunting with y'all I can say y'all have most definitely earned ever hog y'all have taken out there!
                pretty much any hog you kill out at Granger you earn! Takes some boot leather to learn the lay of the land out there.

Comment

I enjoyed meeting some new guys and seeing some old friends.

Comment

I would have come out but i never got a call?????? Did you see any piggies???

Comment

****, I actually was really running late because the wife was running late from a new job she was doing orientation, so as I left the driveway and our 13 yr old babysitting our 5 yr old I saw I had 1/8 of a tank and I literally threw my crap in the SUV and drove off. So driving through Taylor I stopped by and got gas and tied my boots multiple times due to the sweat dripping off my hands. Getting back in the car and going down 95 and hitting every single red light, as I change my field points to broad heads without slicing my fingers off. So, the wife calls saying she's home and getting the kids ready for bed and getting dinner ready. I met up with everyone and being the new kid on the block I didn't want to show my nervousness and irritability.. oh yeah, I failed to mention as I was driving to the site I broke a tooth on an apple I was snacking on the way.
                      That's no **** and I really appreciate the guys, and I would have called if I had a moment of coherent thought.
                      So, walking through the jungle of Granger and an obsession of sticking a pig, rabbit, squirrel, or mouse for that matter would have topped the afternoon.
                      Sorry brother.

Comment

Originally posted by PflugerB0w View Post
                        ****, I actually was really running late because the wife was running late from a new job she was doing orientation, so as I left the driveway and our 13 yr old babysitting our 5 yr old I saw I had 1/8 of a tank and I literally threw my crap in the SUV and drove off. So driving through Taylor I stopped by and got gas and tied my boots multiple times due to the sweat dripping off my hands. Getting back in the car and going down 95 and hitting every single red light, as I change my field points to broad heads without slicing my fingers off. So, the wife calls saying she's home and getting the kids ready for bed and getting dinner ready. I met up with everyone and being the new kid on the block I didn't want to show my nervousness and irritability.. oh yeah, I failed to mention as I was driving to the site I broke a tooth on an apple I was snacking on the way.
                        That's no **** and I really appreciate the guys, and I would have called if I had a moment of coherent thought.
                        So, walking through the jungle of Granger and an obsession of sticking a pig, rabbit, squirrel, or mouse for that matter would have topped the afternoon.
                        Sorry brother.

So u pretty much summed up every trip I have taken to granger . Minus the tooth losing, ouch! Save the apples for the pigs.

Comment

Hey Guys, Im new to the site and new to bowhunting for that matter. Ive been scouting granger for 5 mos or so and have hunted a few times by myself out there but with no luck, I did hear a couple hogs fighting and screaming about 100 yds from me but never saw any. I don't have anybody to go with so Ill be willing to meet up with some of you guys next time, Ive only been out to san Gabriel unit so far, its big enough to keep me learning that spot for now till I venture somewhere else.
                          I know a couple guys that go the granger extreme hunt as well so Im gonna try and make it out next go around.
                          Hope to meet some of yall around granger

Comment

Oh and Ive seen on here that other people have had their cameras stolen, I put a camera out there in a lock box and it was successfully out there for a few months and got some good data off of It until a few weeks ago I hike out and find that some sorry di@k face brought a saw out cut the branch and stole it.
                            I had a stand out there that they left alone, but I took it down and am switching hunting styles to stalking.

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                              Oh and Ive seen on here that other people have had their cameras stolen, I put a camera out there in a lock box and it was successfully out there for a few months and got some good data off of It until a few weeks ago I hike out and find that some sorry di@k face brought a saw out cut the branch and stole it.
                              I had a stand out there that they left alone, but I took it down and am switching hunting styles to stalking.
                              Sorry to hear that. Welcome to public hunting. Your welcome to come out with us next time. Be sure to make the GRXH you won't be disappointed!

Comment

thanks txfirefighter

Comment

Working...
                                X