"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
    Anyone wanna go dove hunting out there with me tonight?
    I never thought about going for dove. Have you been yet this year? How are the numbers? Please let us know who it goes Wednesday.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
      I never thought about going for dove. Have you been yet this year? How are the numbers? Please let us know who it goes Wednesday.

Thanks
      It was really slow yesterday due to the rain I think. Haven't hunted for dove out there a lot so I really can't tell you what the numbers are like. The 3 birds I saw the whole time were up so high that they had on little space helmets and oxygen tanks. I shot at them anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
        It was really slow yesterday due to the rain I think. Haven't hunted for dove out there a lot so I really can't tell you what the numbers are like. The 3 birds I saw the whole time were up so high that they had on little space helmets and oxygen tanks. I shot at them anyways.
        lol

Does it get buzy on the weekend? If? I were to go, where would be a good spot to set up? Am I screwed without a dog? I gots lots of questions

Thanks for the info

Comment

Sorefinger unit. Wear a helmet cause its pepper city. As far as numbers, I am happy with a few birds in the bag. Guess its like anything else. Be in the right spot at the right time. Better than watching tv. I enjoy walking thru the trails and flushing them out instead of hoping one will fly my direction and pray the 100 other people between us dont try take a shot at them for 200 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
            lol

Does it get buzy on the weekend? If? I were to go, where would be a good spot to set up? Am I screwed without a dog? I gots lots of questions

Thanks for the info
            very busy no birds tons of walking rattlebugs and cobras ticks and did I mention no birds?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              Any word on how bad the fire got?
              Was only a total of 50 acres.....not as bad as original report...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                very busy no birds tons of walking rattlebugs and cobras ticks and did I mention no birds?
                hmmm, that doesnt sound like fun to me. If there were birds it might be worth the risk though...

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                  Was only a total of 50 acres.....not as bad as original report...
                  Man thats good to hear. Must have got it stopped pretty quick. Sorefinger does need a good burn off but that could have turned out pretty bad. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Anybody heading out this weekend, feels cooler outside.

Comment

This prime granger pig slaying weather. These kids are cramping my hunting

Comment

I'm down to go...I wanted to go today....nobody wants to go out in the rain....it's the best time to shank a pig....The rain displaces human scent..The wet ground doesn't crunch....I am just scared of the ticks....

Comment

Spent 2 days out there no ticks. found out there really are no dove either. Except on the park. Those birds are smart! If anyone needs a tip where to find the hogs send me a PM. Not putting it out there for the trolls.

Have to at least be a tbh member.

Comment

I haven't been hunting in over 6 years and that was on my old bosses place outside of shnf. Are there any special permits or tags that i would need to hunt granger? I mainly hunt hog but would love some white tail. Any advice or the opportunity to tag along on a hog hunt would be very helpful.

Comment

A public lands permit is required to hunt hogs at Granger. It can be purchased where you buy your hunting license ($48). The deer hunting at Granger is by drawing only

Comment

I have never done any public hunting and being that I lost my lease last year and haven't really found a new one yet I have some questions. I get that places like this are drawing only for deer but as far as hog hunting goes, can you just go out whenever you want?

Comment

Working...
                                X